Firefly’s Station P2 mini PC features RK3568, dual GbE, PoE+, WiFi 6 and up to 8GB RAM
Sometime in November last year, we wrote about two fanless mini PCs that were introduced by T-chip Technology’s Firefly: the Station P1 and M1 geek computers, powered by the Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core and RK3328 quad-core processors respectively. We are back now to talk about a similarly powerful open-spec mini PC called Station P2, which is a bit bigger than the Station P1 but styled the same way with toothed aluminum alloy in matte black.
The new Station P2 feels so much like a standard x86 based mini PC, thanks to the kind of features that it comes with. The mini PC is based on a quad -A55 Rockchip RK3568 processor clocked at 2.0GHz. The RK3568 features a 2x core Mali-G52 EE GPU and a VPU with support for 4Kp60 decode and 1080p60 encode, as well as an 8MP ISP with HDR support and an up to 800MHz, 0.8-TOPS NPU for RK NN acceleration. Other features of the mini-computer include 64GB eMMC, support for up to 8GB LPDDR4, WiFi 6, 2x GbE with PoE+, 4x USB, HDMI, SATA, and M.2.
Software support for the mini PC includes Firefly’s own Android-based Station OS plus Android 11.0, Ubuntu 18.04, and Linux+Qt. The Station OS offers a variety of applications plus seamless switching between desktop and media modes.
Specifications of the Station P2 mini PC include:
- CPU: Rockchip RK3568 quad-core Cortex-A55 processor at up to 2.0GHz
- GPU: Arm Mali-G52 2EE GPU
- 0.8 TOPS NPU
- 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB LPDDR4 “all-data-link ECC” RAM @ 1600 MHz
- Onboard 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB eMMC flash
- MicroSD card slot
- 1x USB 3.0 port
- 2x USB 2.0 port
- 1x USB Type-C OTG port
- HDMI 2.0 port with audio and [email protected] support
- 3.5mm headphone jack and digital audio via HDMI
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports (one of which supports PoE+ with up to 30W power)
- 802.11ax (WiFi 6) radio with up to 9.6Gbps throughput
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 2x external antennas
- 1x M.2 PCIe 3.0 socket for 2242 / 2280 NVMe SSD
- 1x SATA 3.0 for 2.5-inch SSD/HDD
- Dual MIPI-CSI camera interfaces
- RJ45 serial control port with 1x RS485 and 2x RS232 accessible via RJ45 to terminal block expansion cable
- Earphone jack, and,
- Power button
- Power Supply: 12V input via 5.5/2.1mm DC jack
- Operating Temperature Range: -10 ~ 60 ℃
- Dimensions: 142 mm x 89 mm x 31.5 mm
- Operating System: Android 11.0, Ubuntu 18.4, and Linux+Qt
- Application: Media and Game entertainment
Station P2 has been launched on Indiegogo with about a $19,300 US funding goal. The 2GB DDR4 and 32GB storage model is selling for $120 while the 4GB/64GB variant is offered for $150, and the 8GB/128GB version for around $210. All options ship with a power adapter, an HDMI cable and a USB-C cable. Shipping is scheduled to start in May this year (shipping is free to China and 7 Asian countries)
Further details may be found on the Indiegogo page where the mini PC was launched.