Hisense A7CC – 5G Smartphone with a 6.7-Inch Color E-Ink Display, 6GB RAM and 128GB storage
Following the recent introduction of color E-Ink displays and color eReaders from several companies, Hisense, a well-known TV manufacturer has launched and is currently taking pre-orders for their Hisense A7CC 5G smartphone exclusively equipped with a 6.7-inch color E-Ink display. The Chinese company had earlier (sometime in December last year) launched Hisense A7 5G – the world’s first E-ink display smartphone with 5G connectivity – and now, just after a few months, they are back with the color screen version of the Hisense A7 5G.
The new Hisense A7CC is powered by UNISOC T7510 octa-core processor with support for 5G modem, and comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. It is everything the same with the Hisense A7 5G, the only difference is that it comes with a colored E-ink display instead of a monochrome panel. So, you can already guess that it will cost more than the Hisense A7 5G (Hisense A7 5G sells for $309 while the Hisense A7 CC is priced at $371).
The Hisense A7 CC also boasts of the same 6.7-inch E-ink display that the A7 5G has, but with an RGB pixel arrangement. In addition to that, Pixels per inch (PPI) is now 100, instead of 300.
Features and Specifications of Hisense A7 CC smartphone include:
- CPU: UNISOC Tiger T7510 octa-core processor with 4x Arm Cortex-A75 cores @ 2 GHz, 4x Arm Cortex-A55 cores @ 1.8 GHz
- GPU: Imagination PowerVR GM9466
- System Memory: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB flash
- Display: 6.7-inch E-Ink display with 4096 colors, 100 dpi
- 3.5mm headphone jack with AK4377AECB audio DAC for Hi-Res Audio
- Built-in microphone and speaker
- Different lockscreen support
- Dynamic and constant refresh rate support
- Dual rear cameras
- Single front-facing camera
- Cellular connectivity:
- 5G (n41, n78, n79)
- 4G FDD (B1, B3, B5, B8) / TD (B34, B38, B39, B40, B41)
- 3G WCDMA
- 2G GSM
- WiFi or Bluetooth (though it’s not mentioned in the specs; we assume it was probably omitted unintentionally)
- GPS / A-GPS
- 1x USB OTG Type-C port
- Fingerprint sensor
- Additional Programmable key on the left side of the phone
- Volume button
- Power button
- Refined UI based on Android 10
- Available in two colors (Obsidian Black, Moonlight Silver)
- Battery: 4,770 mAh battery with 18W fast charging
- Dimensions: 172.4 mm x 86 mm x 9 mm
Since the 6.7-inch color E-Ink smartphone has a refined UI based on Android 10, we expect that the phone should be able to give a cool feeling while reading e-Books and browsing the internet with clearer text. Another aspect of a very good phone is the battery life. We don’t have any information on that yet, but we guess that a single full charge should take one for like a week thereabout, depending on how it is used.
If you’re interested in buying the new Hisense A7CC color E-Ink smartphone, you can check JD.com where the phone is currently selling for about $371 (2,399 CNY). The phone is available in two colors: Moonlight Silver or Obsidian Black.
Join 97,426 other subscribers