ICNexus’s SBC3100 Runs Linux On Rockchip RK3399 SoC
Taiwan-based ICNexus’ latest entry with Rockchip RK3399 SoC, SBC3100 joins the growing list of high-end SBCs. It features the high-end SoC to provide an extensive feature list. However, it is not publicly priced and appears to be a proprietary product, such as Aaeon’s Pico-ITX based RICO-3399.
ICNexus announced the SBC3100 back in 2017, the SBC3100 was showcased at last week’s Computex show in Taipei. The board ships with Ubuntu and Android images, and is designed for applications including digital signage, POS, gaming, STBs, kiosks and other smart devices.
Despite the high-end features, not much stands out from the other equally powerful RK3399 contender SBCs, except for its wide-range 9-36V DC input and its optional add-on modules. The board can be equipped with an HDMI input, an LVDS touchscreen interface, and a 4-port serial add-on.
The board comes with up to 4GB DDR3 and 16GB flash (presumably eMMC). Media ports accommodate HDMI 2.0, eDP, and DP (via USB Type-C). There are up to 2x MIPI-DSI or -CSI, but not 2x of both, and there’s also a separate camera port and I2C touch interface. There’s a GbE port plus optional WiFi/BT module, and the mini-PCIe slot (with micro-SIM) supports optional 3G or 4G modules.
The SBC3100 provides 4x USB ports, 2x of them are 3.0, plus the Type-C port and additional USB headers. Other features include GPIO, serial debug, IR, I2C, and optional sensors.
Specifications list for the SBC3100:
- Rockchip RK3399 (2x Cortex-A72 at up to 2.0GHz, 4x Cortex-A53);
- Mali-T860 GPU
- Memory :
- 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB DDR3 RAM
- 8GB or 16GB flash
- MicroSD slot
- HDMI 2.0 out port at up to [email protected]
- DisplayPort 1.2 at up to [email protected] (via USB Type-C)
- eDP 1.3 at up to 2560×[email protected]
- 1x or 2x MIPI-DSI at up to 2560×1600 at 60fps with optional MIPI/LVDS touchscreen module
- 1x or 2x MIPI-CSI with optional HDMI input module
- Camera port
- An i2c-based capacitive touch interface
- Audio: mic/earphone connector; 2x speaker connectors
- Optional 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Optional 3G or LTE modules for mini-PCIe slot
- Micro-SIM card slot
- Networking: Gigabit Ethernet port
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 3.0 host (2x ports, 2x headers)
- 3x USB 2.0 host (2x ports, 1x header)
- USB 3.0 Type-C port with DP support
- Serial console debug
- Optional serial module with 4x RS232/422/485 DB9 ports
- 8-bit GPIO
- I2C master
- Keypad interface
- Expansion: Mini-PCIe slot with 3G/LTE support
- Other features: IR receiver; buzzer; heatsink; optional 3-axis accelerometer; optional gyro/G-Sensor (only on 4GB RAM model)
- Power: 9-36V DC input; 3/5/12V DC output; power and reset buttons
- Dimensions:150 x 102 x 2.6mm
- OS Support: Pre-installed Ubuntu or Android
No pricing information is provided for the SBC3100, but it appears to be available. More information may be found on the ICNexus SBC3100 product page.