IIS2ICLX 2-Axis Digital Inclinometer
STMicroelectronics’ high-accuracy and low-power two-axis linear accelerometer includes digital output.
The STMicroelectronics IIS2ICLX is a high-accuracy (ultra-low noise, high stability and repeatability) and low-power two-axis linear accelerometer with digital output. The IIS2ICLX has a selectable full scale of ±0.5/±1/±2/±3 g and is capable of providing the measured accelerations to the application over an I²C or SPI digital interface. Its high accuracy, stability over temperature and repeatability make IIS2ICLX particularly suitable for inclination measurement applications (inclinometers).
The sensing element is manufactured using a dedicated micromachining process developed by STMicroelectronics to produce inertial sensors and actuators on silicon wafers. The IC interface is manufactured using a CMOS process that allows a high level of integration to design a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element. The IIS2ICLX has an unmatched set of embedded features (programmable FSM, Machine Learning Core, sensor hub, FIFO, event decoding, and interrupts) which are enablers for implementing smart and complex sensor nodes that deliver high accuracy and performance at very low power.
- 2-axis linear accelerometer
- Selectable full scale: ±0.5/±1/±2/±3 g
- Ultra-low noise performance: 15 µg/√Hz
- Superior stability over temperature (<0.075 mg/°C) and repeatability
- Embedded compensation for high stability over temperature
- I²C/SPI digital output interface
- Low power: 0.42 mA with 2 axes delivering full performance
- Sensor hub feature to efficiently collect data from additional external sensors
- Smart embedded FIFO up to 3 kbytes
- Programmable high-pass and low-pass digital filters
- Programmable Machine Learning Core to integrate AI algorithms and reduce power consumption at system level
- Programmable Finite State Machine to process data from accelerometer and one external sensor
- Extended operating temperature range (-40°C to +105°C)
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- High shock survivability
- ECOPACK, RoHS, and “Green” compliant
more information: www.st.com