LattePanda 3 Delta – The Fastest Pocket-sized Windows 11/Linux Single Board Computer
The growing adoption of IoT technology and related products has caused a corresponding growth in the market of single-board computers. In the past few years we have seen several SBC market manufacturers flood the market with different makes and types of boards, so much so that with the number of single-board computers available now in the market, an average maker/hobbyist may get confused trying to select the perfect SBC for a particular project.
To simplify decision-making for readers, our reviews help spotlight top-of-the-line products/tools that we have enjoyed using, and for this article, in the spirit of selecting some great SBCs of 2022, we’ll be taking a short review of the new LattePanda 3 Delta Single board computer designed by a Chinese electronics manufacturer (DFRobot) who had earlier released two generations of the LattePanda single board computer with Intel CPUs. Due to the fact that there has been a high-speed development in science and technology within the last few years, the LattePanda Team saw the need to develop a new product with the latest technology so as to meet the demands of current and future user scenarios, and well, from what we saw with the LattePanda 3, they didn’t do badly with that at all.
Loaded with improved features and capabilities, the LattePanda 3 Delta is the most user-friendly and cost-effective product that the company has ever made. The board is actually claimed to be the world’s smallest pocket-sized hackable computer poised to define a new era of computing and drive mega creativity for tech innovations.
When compared with its predecessors, we discovered that the LattePanda 3 Delta was designed to be faster in all aspects to allow abundant creativity and superfast smooth performance.
- 1 x LattePanda 3 Delta
- 1 x Active Cooling Fan (Assembled)
- 1 x 45w PD Power Adapter (with EU & US Standard Power Cord)
- 2 x Dual-band Antenna
- 1 x RTC Battery (Assembled)
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Activation Code Card (Windows 10 IoT Enterprise) – optional
The LattePamda 3 Delta features
- 2x CPU performance: Unlike the previous versions which run on a Celeron N4100 processor, the LattePanda 3 Delta ships with Intel 11th generation Celeron N5105 processor with up to 2.9GHz burst frequency, making it 2 times faster than the predecessors.
- 3x GPU performance
- 2x Connectivity Speed: The single board computer uses WiFi 6 whose transfer speed is up to 2.4 Gb/s, about 2.7 times faster than the WiFi 5 found in the older models.
- 2x USB speed: The board also uses a USB 3.2 gen 2 port which also happens to be twice as fast as the USB 3.2 gen 1 in others.
- 2x Memory Performance and 2x Storage Capacity: LattePanda 3 Delta uses up to 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM with 2933 MHz high-frequency and up to 64 GB storage capacity, both of which doubles the performance of previous generations. So, there won’t be any need for additional/external storage in case you want to install more software and data.
- Addition of a New Cooling Fan to ensure better cooling and sustain the best performance.
- A More Extensive Display Support for an enhanced viewing experience: LattePanda 3 features a 3-way video output with a customized 12.5-inch 4K IPS touch display support.
- Up to 42 expandable rich interfaces for true hackability and rich playability, and,
- An onboard Gigabit Ethernet that allows you to connect to the internet at an extremely high speed.
eMMC vs NVMe Performance
Highlight features and specifications of the LattePanda 3 Delta:
- Processor: Intel Celeron N5105 quad-core Jasper Lake processor @ 2.0 ~ 2.9 GHz Quad-Core, Four Thread, 10 watt; Intel UHD Graphics 605 @ 450 – 800 MHz
- Co-Processor: Microchip ATmega32U4-MU 8-bit AVR Arduino Leonardo compatible microcontroller
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4 @ 2933 MHz
- Storage: 64GB eMMC 5.1 flash, M.2 NVMe or SATA SSD support, microSD card slot
- Wireless: 1x Dual-band 802.11ax WiFi 6 @ 2.4/5 GHz, 1x Bluetooth 5.2, 1x GbE, optional 4G or 5G modem via M.2 socket plus SIM card slot
- Audio: Microphone plus Headphone combo connector
- Display: 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x DisplayPort via USB Type-C port, 30-pin 2-lane eDP connector, Up to 3x independent displays
- USB: 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1x USB Type-C for power and data (480 Mbps), 1x USB 2.0 header
- GPIO: 12x analog Inputs, Up to 23x Digital Input/Output (7 PWM), 1x UART, 1x I2C, 1x SPI, 1x Audio connector, 1x 4-pin header for power and switch, 1x 4-pin 1.25mm PWM 5V Fan port, 1x 4-pin RS232
- 1x M.2 M Key, PCIe 3.0 2x, 1x M.2 B Key, PCIe 3.0 1x
- NVMe SSD support, USB 2.0, USB 3.0 support
- RTC with CR927 coin-cell battery, Reset Button, Watchdog
- Security: TPM 2.0
- Power: USB PD input; 12V DC input
- Dimensions: 125 mm x 78 mm x 16 mm
- Operating Temperature: 0°C ~ 75°C
Windows 11 & Linux Support
LattePanda 3 Delta maintains almost the same pinout and layout as its predecessors to allow for effortless system migration or upgrade. It is also worth mentioning that the LattePanda 3 Delta has support for Windows 11, alongside Windows 10 and Linux Operating System.
Video loading Win 11
Usage and Applications
Being an optimum development tool for creative developers, talented and eager individuals, LattePanda 3 Delta will find its usefulness in a wide range of applications in:
- IoT Edge
- Smart factory
- Home Automation
- Handheld devices
- AI localization
What’s more? The LattePanda 3 Delta is going to be readily available across the globe as the Team also announced that it’s working hand in hand with Global electronic components distributors to ensure that the product choice for the board is passed on to customers in a quick and easy way.
“LattePanda Team is so proud to cooperate with the global electronic components distributors for this joint launch. It delivers an exciting message to our customers that they can gain fast, easy access to our high-performance and hackable LattePanda 3 Delta anywhere in the world,” said Sandy Zhang, CMO of the LattePanda Team. “Our collaboration will ensure even higher levels of customer service.”
The LattePanda 3 Delta currently sells for $279, for the model that comes with an unactivated version of Windows 10 and $339, for the one with an activated version of the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.
Documentation and more
More useful details about the LattePanda 3 Delta including getting started guides are available on the documentation website.
- Product Wiki
- Powering LattePanda 3 Delta
- Operating Systems
- Display and Touch Connections
- 3D File
- CE/FCC/RoHS/KC Certifications