Pimoroni Inventor 2040 W hits the market to support the RPi Pico W community
Raspberry Pi Pico W has started to gain attention from other manufacturers to support the growing Raspberry Pi Pico community. One such example is the Pimoroni Inventor 2040 W, a battery-powered board that features support for up to six servos, a little speaker, and also comes with a battery connector. This carrier board fits the Raspberry Pi Pico W development board with a detailed look at the various functionalities which are evidently visible.
If you are looking to interface your favorite sensors to get more functionalities on the tiny form factor Raspberry Pi Pico W, the Pimoroni Inventor 2040 W looks like the ideal carrier board currently available on the market. Pimoroni Inventor 2040 W gets two JST-SH connectors for attaching motors, and a 2-pin JST-PH connector for attaching battery of input voltage 2.5V and 5.5V.
Specifications of Pimoroni Inventor 2040 W:
- Compatible MCU: Raspberry Pi Pico W microcontroller board with dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ processor core running at a clock speed of up to 133MHz and integrated 264kB SRAM
- Connector: 6-pin 2 JST-SH connector for attaching motors, 2-pin Picoblade compatible connector for attaching speaker, and 2-pin JST-PH connector for attaching a battery
- Header pins: 6 sets of header pins for connecting 3-pin servos and 6 sets of header pins for GPIO
- LEDs: 12x addressable RGB LEDs and Neopixels
- Buttons: User and Reset button
- Interfaces: 2x Qwiic and STEMMA QT connectors for attaching breakouts
- Software support: C/C++ and MicroPython libraries
On the software support, the manufacturer has provided C/C++ and MicroPython libraries through a GitHub repository to provide an easy way to interface with the functions of the board. Pimoroni has also provided a detailed guide to get started with motor functions, servo functions, and also MicroPython and C++ examples.
One of the reasons to purchase this Pimoroni Inventor 2040 W carrier board is to build a wireless robot that can be remotely controlled using Wi-Fi support on the Raspberry Pi Pico W microcontroller board. With the support of attaching motors through 2 JST-SH connectors, the user can build a remote-controlled car as well.
Pimoroni Inventor 2040 W carrier board is currently on sale for £34.50 on the official product page with worldwide shipping.
Join 97,426 other subscribers