12V @ 80mA Transformerless Power Supply
- 7.989 Views
- Non tested
In electronics field, generating low voltage DC from AC mains (220V/110) is often necessary. Many electronic circuits work at an input voltage levels of 5V or 12V etc. For such circuits a transformer has to be used to step down the AC mains voltage to the required DC voltage level. Though using a transformer is the most familiar method, it has some dis-advantages, its expensive, it’s heavy and it has big size. The circuit presented here can supply an – non isolated from mains – output voltage of 12VDC for an input of 85-265 VAC without using a transformer.
- Input (V): 85V AC to 265V AC
- Output (V): 12V DC
- Max Current: 80mA
- PCB:70mm X 38mm
- The above circuit deals with lethal AC voltage levels. Its very dangerous to work with it, without proper experience and precautions!
- Extreme caution is advised while experimenting/building this circuit as the output isn’t isolated from mains.
- The components are close to what shown in the 3D preview
- Use heat sink for components wherever applicable
$18 Welcome Bonus for new registrations Now https://jlcpcb.com