Voice Record/Playback module using ISD1932 or ISD1964
- Rajkumar Sharma
- 12.018 Views
- SKU: EL62286
- Quote Now
This Module has been designed around Nuvoton’s ISD1932 ChipCorder®, the newest single-chip multiple-message record/playback series with dual operating modes (address trigger and direct trigger) and wider operating voltage range from 2.4V to 5.5V. The sampling frequency can be selected from 4 to 12 kHz via an external resistor, which also determines the duration from 10.6 to 32 seconds. These ICs are designed mostly for standalone applications, and of course, it can be used in conjunction with a microcontroller.
The two operating modes are address trigger and direct trigger. While in address trigger mode, both record and playback operations are manipulated according to the start address and end address specified through the start address and end address pins. However, in direct trigger mode, the device can configure the memory up to as many as eight equal messages, pending upon the fixed message configuration settings. With the record or playback feature being pre-selected, each message can be randomly accessed via its message control pin.
The device has a selectable differential microphone input with AGC feature or single-ended analog input, analog in, under feed-through mode. Its differential Class D PWM speaker driver can directly drive a typical speaker or buzzer.
Sampling Rate or Recording Time Selection
- R5: 53.3K 12 KHz sampling frequency 21.3 Seconds Voice Recording
- R5: 80K 8 KHz sampling frequency 32 Seconds Voice Recording
- R5: 100K 6.4 KHz sampling frequency 40 Seconds Voice Recording
- R5: 120K 5.3 KHz sampling frequency 48 Seconds Voice Recording
- R5: 160 4 KHz sampling frequency 64 Seconds Voice Recording
Refer Data Sheet of ISD1932 IC for More information
- Wider operating voltage from 2.4 to 5.5V
- Higher sampling frequency from 4kHz to 12kHz
- Voice Recording Time 21 Seconds to 64 Seconds depend on sampling rate selection ( R5-OSC Resistor )
- FT: converts MIC+ to ANAIN & feeds it to the speakers
- R/P: record/playback switch
- REC: level or edge recording
- PLAYE: edge-trigger, toggle on/off
- PLAYL: level playback or looping playback
- LED: LED output for recording
- LED Blinks for while at end of the message in play mode
- NORM (Address Trigger) : variable message duration
- MODE: (Direct Trigger) : fixed message duration
24 Hours fast turnaround, Excellent quality & Unbeatable prices
$18 Welcome Bonus for new registrations Now https://jlcpcb.com
Can you tell me the cost of your ISP1932 sound module and how I can purchase, please
Looks like it has upto 64seconds recording time right?
Exactly, it depends on the sampling rate.
Thanks for replying 🙂
Also, could you please add to these :
>> Will replacing the MIC with 3.5mm jack for AUX recording work? (I guess mobilephones output differential signals via 3.5mm jack)
>> In address mode, is it possible to record whole 60s to 64s audio in one stretch and have playbacks?
To connect an external audio source, you have to remove J3 and J4 and connect the AUX signal to pin 18 and 19 of IC.
Is it possible to operate in address mode without triggering S0-S4, E0-E4 ?
I mean, just by pressing Record, Play buttons.
Yes, it can work with just the push buttons or in connection with an MCU.