Giant Board – A single-board computer in the Adafruit Feather form factor
Giant Board is an Open Source, Linux-capable SBC Compatible with the Featherwing Ecosystem.
The Giant Board will come with over 100 CircuitPython libraries pre-installed and support many popular FeatherWings. Linux drivers interface directly with the Ethernet and LCD FeatherWings, and they can be easily enabled or disabled via a simple text file. Most FeatherWings will work out of the box with Adafruit’s CircuitPython example code.
Features & Specifications
- Processor: Microchip SAMA5D2 ARM® Cortex®-A5 Processor 500 MHz
- Memory: 128 MB DDR2 RAM
- Storage: microSD card
- Sensing: 6 x 12-bit ADC with 3.3 V reference and external trigger
- Actuation: 4 x 16-bit PWM with external trigger
- Connectivity: 1 x I2C, 1 x SPI, 1 x UART, more with Flexcom
- Power: via USB, with support for LiPo batteries
- Operating System: mainline Linux kernel
The Giant Board has support for four low-power modes, each of which supports a different wake up mechanism:
- standby with GPIO button wake up
- standby with RTC wake up
- memory suspend with ‘power on’ button wake up
- memory suspend with RTC wake up
The project is soon going to launch on crowdsupply.com. You can subscribe to the list to get notifications.