AI Digital Signage System Features an Apollo Lake SoC, Dual Myriad X VPUs and Triple HDMI ports
Artificial intelligence, no doubt, has made its space in the digital signage world. Before now, we could only use a digital signage player for displaying photos and text or playing videos or PowerPoint slides but AI was introduced and it became possible to use a digital signage system for advanced techs like facial recognition where it can anonymously capture more personalized information such as gender, age, and even mood, as well as for weather detection where it pulls in local weather feeds and displays them automatically on the screen.
To further expand the impact of AI on this versatile tool, IEI designed an ultra-compact digital signage system called IDS-310AI, optimized for use in energy-saving AI applications.
The IDS-310AI features an Intel Celeron J3455 Apollo Lake processor with 2x Intel Movidius Myriad X VPUs and up to three HDMI ports for image output. The Myriad X VPUs offers “excellent inference performance per watt, 16 SHAVES cores for AI calculations and native FP16 support,” and are deployed via a mini-PCIe module.
The Linux-ready mini-PC also supports Intel’s Open Visual Inference Neural Network Optimization (OpenVINO) which enables convolutional neural network-based, pre-trained models to be used at the edge with little effort. Training models like AlexNet, GoogleNet, Tiny Yolo, Squeezenet, resNet are quick and easy to implement.
Other features include a micro SD card slot, 3x USB 3.2, 2x GbE LAN ports, 1x M.2 A-key slot, pre-installed 8 GB DDR3L SO-DIMM memory, and a 128GB SATA disk on module for storing user data and loading OS.
- SoC: Quad-core, 1.5GHz / 2.3GHz Intel Celeron J3455 processor with 10W TDP
- 1 x 204-pin DDR3L SO-DIMM, 8 GB pre-installed
- 128GB SATADOM for storing user data and loading OS
- 1x MicroSD card slot
- 3x HDMI 1.4b ports with a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels at 30Hz each
- 1x Mic in, 1x Line out
- 2x RTL8111H-powered GbE ports
- Optional 802.11ac/BT M.2 module and external antenna
- 3x USB 3.2 Gen1 ports
- 1x RS-232/422/485 DB-9 with AFC functionality
- 1x M.2 2230 A-key slot with support for PCIe x1 and USB 2.0
- 1x mini PCIe slot fitted with Mustang-MPCIE-MX2 (2x Myriad X VPU) AI accelerator card
- Power & reset button
- AT/ATX switch
- Power and storage LEDs
- Power Consumption: 2.6A @ 12V
- Power Supply: 12V DC via screw jack
- Security: TPM 2.0
- Dimensions: 137 mm x 102.8 mm x 49.2 mm
- Weight: 910g
- Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to 45°C
- Humidity: 10% to 95%, non-condensing
- Operating Shock: Half-sine wave shock 5G, 11ms, 100 shocks per axis, IEC68-2-27
- Operating Vibration: MIL-STD-810G 514.6C-1
- Certifications: CE/FCC
- Operating System: Windows 10 or Linux
IDS-310AI is basically a digital signage system designed for specific applications that tap the AI capabilities of the Myriad-X VPUs, but you can also use it as an embedded PC, an AIoT Edge computer, for surveillance applications, smart automation, traffic management, and more.
There’s no word on pricing or availability yet but other useful details can be found on ICP Germany’s announcement (German) or the product page on IEI website.
Join 97,426 other subscribers