Boardcon’s EM-IMX8M-Mini SBC Comes With Lots Of Customization
Boardcon‘s new EM-IMX8M-MINI is based on NXP’s energy-efficient i.MX8M Mini ARM Cortex A53 processor. The iMX8M SBC has 2GB LPDDR4 and 8GB of eMMC flash with 2x USB 2.0, GbE. Display output is via MIPI LCD, PCIe. There is also optional support for SSD/4G. It runs Linux 4.14.98 and QT 5.0.
EM-IMX8M-MINI SBC and its SOM-IMX8M-MINI module is Boardcon’s first i.MX8 family of boards. NXP’s i.MX8M Mini SOC, which is built into the separately available SODIMM-style SOM-IMX8M-MINI module that powers the new EM-IMX8M-MINI SBC. This SOC has appeared on various compute modules, many of which like Ibase’s recent RM-N8MMI SMARC module, are available with a carrier board.
Although the SOM-IMX8M-MINI module is available with any of the 1.8GHz Cortex-A53 i.MX8M Mini models, the EM-IMX8M-MINI board is only available with the quad-core model at this moment. The Mini SoC stocks a 400MHz Cortex-M4 MCU as well as GCNanoUltra and Vivante GC320 graphics processors.
The 67.6 x 34.3mm SOM-IMX8M-MINI module comes with 2GB LPDDR4, 8GB eMMC. And for wireless connectivity is has the module 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0. The 5V module has a PMIC and it runs Linux 4.14.98 with Qt 5.10.
And for EM-IMX8M-MINI board(118.6 x 102.3mm), it has a MicroSD slot along with MIPI-DSI and CSI connectors, and analog and digital audio interfaces, including a Wolfson codec. There are 2x USB host ports, single micro-USB OTG port, single Nano-SIM, Ethernet, and UART RS-232 ports. There are also other I/O options like UART, I2C, RS485, CAN, GPIO, SPI, and JTAG. An M.2 slot supports an optional 4G module or SSD.
Specification Summary of the Boardcon EM-IMX8M-MINI:-
- Processor: NXP i.MX8M Mini Quad (4x Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.8GHz);
- GPU: GCNanoUltra for 3D, GC320 for 2D GPUs; Cortex-M4F @ 400MHz
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR4 RAM; 8GB eMMC 5.1; QSPI NOR flash
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet port (Realtek RTL8211E)
- 802.11n and Bluetooth 4.0 (via SOM-IMX8M-MINI and Ampak AP6236 modules)
- 4G available on M.2 slot
- Media I/O Options:
- MIPI-DSI (4-lane) for up to 1920 x 1080p 60fps
- MIPI-CSI (4-lane)
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Speaker header
- Wolfson WM8960 audio codec
- 5x SAI digital audio interfaces (8-bit RX and TX)
- Other I/O:
- 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Micro-USB OTG port
- RS-232 DB9 port
- 3x UARTs
- 26-pin header with 2x I2C, 6x GPIO, SPI
- JTAG debug; separate debug for Cortex-M4
- Expansion: M.2 E-key (PCIe 2.1) slot for 4G or SSD; nano-SIM slot, MicroSD slot
- Power: 5V/3A DC input jack; ROHM BD71847 PMIC; power, power key, and reset switches
- Operating System: Linux 4.14.98 BSP with Qt 5.0