Card-sized Compact3566 SBC is Powered by a Rockchip RK3566 Quad-Core Arm Cortex A-55 SoC Designed for AIoT applications
We recently found out that Boardcon has a credit card-sized SBC (actually the third from the company) designed for embedded IoT devices.
The Compact3566 single-board computer looks almost exactly like the Geniatech XPI-3566 SBC, built around the same processor and offering similar interfaces and high-speed peripherals. The two boards also follow closely with the RPi 3 form factor and offer a 40-pin GPIO header that should be at least compatible with the Raspberry Pi 40-pin header. The Compact3566 however is compatible with more accessories as it appears to keep exactly the same port assignment as the RPi SBC.
The Compact3566 is powered by the Rockchip RK3566 quad-core Arm Cortex A-55 SoC designed for AIoT applications with a high-performance low-power CPU & GPU, a new generation Rockchip ISP, some powerful multimedia decode and encode capability and an integrated efficient RKNN AI processing unit.
The Compact3566 also comes with up to 8GB LPDDR4 RAM, 128GB eMMC flash, 2.4G/5G WiFi, GbE, and 4x USB ports. Others include HDMI 2.0 port supporting 4K monitors, a MicroSD card slot, MIPI DSI and CSI interfaces, M.2 socket for storage, a microphone, and an RTC with battery. There’s also a 40-pin GPIO header that should be at least partially compatible with the RPi 40-pin GPIO header.
- Rockchip RK3566 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor running at up to 1.8 GHz
- ARM Mali-G52 2EE GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1 / 2.0 /3.2, OpenCL 2.0, Vulkan 1.1
- 0.8 TOPS NPU
- 2/4/8 GB LPDDR4/LPDDR4X
- 8/16/32/64/128 GB eMMC flash
- 1x M.2 socket for SSD
- 1x MicroSD card slot
- 1x GbE RJ45 port via Realtek RTL8211F-CG controller
- 2.4G/5G 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 with u.FL antenna connector
- HDMI 2.0 output display up to [email protected]
- LVDS/MIPI_DSI display connector
- Built-in microphone
- 3.5 mm audio jack with headphones and microphone signals, ES8388 audio codec
- MISI CSI camera
- 15-pin FPC Connector
- 1x USB 3.0 port
- 1x USB 2.0 OTG Type-A port
- 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- 4x UART, SPI, I2C, PWM and SPDIF_TX
- 1x Micro USB port
- 1x Recovery button
- 2x LEDs
- RTC with a backup battery
- Power: 5V/2V via Micro USB port
- Size: 85 mm x 56 mm
- Weight: 50g
- OS: Android 11 and Debian 10
The small computing platform is perfect for a variety of applications including home security, face recognition robots, drones, and HMI.
Further details on the Compact3566 SBC, including links to download the Rockchip RK3566 processor and the Realtek RTL8211F-CG controller, can be found on the product page of the board. The company also dropped its contact details for those who may want to place an order for the board. This can be through email, phone number, or fax.
Join 97,426 other subscribers