In December 2020, we saw iBase unveiled the release of the 10th generation intel core Mini ITX motherboard. Now, the company has announced its compact 3.5-inch iBase IB386 SBC featuring Elkhart Lake SoC. There was another 3.5-inch ECM-EHL SBC which had a similar Elkhart Lake SoC but, it comes with 1GbE ports instead of the GbE and 2.5GbE ports on the ECM-EHL.
Discussing further, Intel’s Elkhart Lake SoC is specific to the next generation of IoT edge devices. The SoC comes with new levels of CPU and graphics performance with built-in IoT features, real-time performance, manageability, and security. “It runs on 10nm SuperFin Tremont CPU cores and up to 32EU Intel Gen11 graphics with triple 4K. The SoC offers improved AI performance over the earlier, Atom-class Gemini Lake, which iBase used on its 3.5-inch IB822 SBC.”
Key Features of IB386 SBC
- Intel Elkhart Lake Atom x6000E, Celeron, and Pentium (2x or 4x 10nm Elkhart Lake cores working up to 1.8GHz/3.0GHz.
- Intel UHD Graphics with 11th generation up to 32EU.
- Memory includes up to 32GB DDR4-3200 through two slots and IBECC RAM.
- Storage includes 2x SATA 3.0 and mSATA is available through mini-PCIe shared with SATA port.
- 3x Intel PCI-E GbE LAN for networking.
- M.2 sockets and Mini PCI-E slot for expandability.
- Watchdog timer, Digital I/O interfacing, and TPM (2.0)
- 9V to 36V wide-range DC input supply.
- Extended operating temperature in certain models.
The iBase IB386 SBC comes with USB 3.1 host ports, the port is a Type-C USB with DP support. It also has USB 2.0 headers for plugging compatible devices with the SBC. The SBC also features three RS-232 headers for connecting serial devices which are capable of transmitting only one bit at an instance.
The iBase says “The unit supports Intel IBECC (In-band error-correcting code), an error-correcting architecture works to detect and correct single-bit memory errors to enhance safety and reliability. With a 15-year life cycle, the guaranteed availability ideally fits customer demands for their projects in smart retail, intelligent transportation, healthcare, and industrial automation applications”
The iBase IB386 SBC comes with non-condensing relative humidity tolerance and has an operating temperature range from -40 to 85°C on Atom models. The dimensions of the SBC are 147 x 102mm with a “3.5-inch form factor”. It supports Ubuntu Linux and Windows operating systems.
There is no pricing or availability information of the SBC at this point in time. For More information visit the official product page of IB386 SBC. Images and technical specifications have also been taken from the product page.
Join 97,426 other subscribers