iSYS-6030 60 GHz Radar System
InnoSenT’s radar is a highly precise distance measurement system for level determination and collision protection
InnoSenT’s iSYS-6030 radar system offers high-precision, focused distance measurement. The product is ideal for level measurement and collision avoidance. It enables reliable and exact distance detection even under extreme conditions such as heat, dust, or vibration. The radar collects data from different materials or physical states such as granules, powders, or liquids. It works even in challenging indoor and outdoor environments. The iSYS-6030 operates between 60 GHz to 64 GHz frequency. The sensor has a narrow antenna pattern with a concentrated beam for excellent measurement results. The detection range is up to 40 meters. The separation of two targets with the same radar cross-section is possible with a resolution of 12 cm. The field of view is very focused and precise with only 6° in azimuth and elevation. The radar system detects stationary and slowly moving targets and outputs the distance and signal strength in a target list. With the help of the non-contact distance measurement, it is possible, for example, to determine the fill level of container or the liquid gauge in a container. Alternatively, the distance measurement is used to prevent collisions of crane and large systems, as well as of semi-autonomous pallet or lift trucks and other means of transport.
The distance measurement is impressively accurate and reliable thanks to the achieved and a very low measurement error rate of only ±0.1% over range. The iSYS-6030 works within a temperature range of -40°C to +85°C. It has a fast update rate of 20 ms for continuous distance control and enables fast measuring cycles.
Important signal processing functions are already integrated into the system. For example, it is equipped with a processing unit to simplify the use of non-contact distance measurement for users. The radar provides information about distance and signal strength as a digital target list. The customer can use the product as a single target or multiple target detector.
The user can program and assign the four outputs individually. This opens additional setting options and the connection of extended control functions, so the output can be used as a trigger. Here is a practical example: the sensor indicates its start-up and is ready for measuring. Then, an appropriately programmed output can trigger a measurement. Afterward, the sensor switches off again. For easy configuration, the manufacturer provides a user manual and a GUI.
The successor iSYS-6030 radar system replaces the InnoSenT product iSYS-6003. Despite the same design, the product offers users additional advantages. This includes improved measurement accuracy, a stronger focused beam, a wider supply voltage range, faster measurement and cycle rates, and lower energy consumption.
The frequency band allows the product to be used within Europe, the USA, and China. The sensor has compact dimensions and is delivered with a radome. The technical features make the refurbished system the ideal radar solution for industrial applications and level measurement.
- 60 GHz radar module
- FMCW modulation
- Detection of stationary objects
- Radar system with signal-processing
- Accuracy with measurement error of ±0.1% over range
- Small size: 50 mm x 50 mm
- Easy integration into customer housing
- Resolution: 12 cm
- Narrow beamwidth 3 dB
- Client board with USB and RS-485 interface available for fast initial operation
- Presence detection
- Four digital, configurable outputs
- Focused FoV: 6° in azimuth and elevation
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Fast update rate and availability: 20 ms
- Successor to the iSYS-6003 radar system from InnoSenT
- Operation via 3.6 16 VDC to 16 VDC power supply
- Level measurement
- Touchless measurement
- Detection under extreme conditions like dust, pressure, steam, dirt, damp, heat, and cold
- Detection of fluids
- Water and waste-water measurement
- Building material measurement
- Level monitoring
- Mining level measurement
- Stage detection
- Growth or drop determination
- Radar detection for bunker, tanks, or silos
- Information for alerts by reaching a maximum or minimum level
- Filling level recognition
- Collision avoidance
- Collision protection
- Industrial sensors
- Distance measurement
- Outdoor radar detection
- Application fields: industrial applications and level measurement
more information: www.innosent.de