This project is designed for Animatronics and Puppeteer applications, however, it can be used in other applications like sound responsive toys, robots, etc. Especially this project helps to move the jaw or mouth of an animatronic creature.
The project moves RC servo once receives any kind of sound. The rotation angle depends on the sound level, more the sound level more the movement. The movement of the servo is proportional to the sound level.
- Supply 5V to 6V DC (1.5V X 4 AA or Large 6V SLA Battery)
- 4 Channel RC Servo Drivers
- 1St Channel works with Sound
- 3 Channel works with onboard potentiometer
- CN7 Supply
- D2 Power LED
- CN6,CN8, CN9 Connectors for RC Servo works with Potentiometer
- Trimmer Potentiometer PR2= SERVO 2, PR3=SERVO 3, PR4=SERVO4
- CN5 Connector for RC Servo works with Sound
The circuit has 4 channel servo drivers, the first channel is driven by sound, and the rest 3 RC servos controlled by the onboard trimmer potentiometer, these 3 channels helps to drive other movements of the animatronics figure.
Sound Received by the microphone is converted to DC voltage, PIC16F72 microcontroller converts DC voltage into the RC PWM signal. The circuit works with 5V DC and it is advisable to use a battery for low jitter.
more information: https://www.electronics-lab.com/project/sound-rc-servo-driver/