Novasom M7 SBC aims to be a Drop-In Replacement for Raspberry Pi 3
Novasom RASPMOOD family of SBCs aims to provide a drop-in replacement for Raspberry Pi based designs by providing mechanically and electrically compatible boards, as well as a software layer that allows the RASPMOOD boards to leverage the software you’ve already developed for your Raspberry Pi 3 design.
The Novasom M7 is a form-fit and function industrial replacement of a Pi3, where users can get a lot more in terms of performance and moreover in industrial safety of the product (wide range protected power, don’t eat µSD, available on logistic programmed production flow, technical assistance team always available and so on), without destroying them started project thanks to a compatible HW in form fit and functions.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex-A53 processor with Mali-450MP4 GPU
- System Memory – Up to 4 GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – Up to 256 GB eMMC Flash + uSD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 to to 4K @ 60 Hz, LVDS via external adapter, PCAP on Connector (dedicated I2C port)
- Camera – Parallel camera support
- Audio – Analog line out
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, optional 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi with PCB antenna
- USB – 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Expansion – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header with 2x I2C @ 3.3 V, 1x SPI, 22x GPIO @ 1.8V
- Debugging – TTL debug port
- Misc – 1x user LED, RTC with external rechargeable battery , user reset push-button
- Power Supply – 12V (6.5 to 18V protected); UPS manager (battery not included)
- Dimensions – 86 x 54 mm
- Temperature Range – 0 to 70°C
Novasom Industries made a necessary SW layer that allows the M7 and all other “RASPMOOD” boards to be programmable exactly with Pi3 SW you made, without any trouble and SW reprogramming effort. Several boards use the 40 pin strip connector, known as P2, as a sort of standard so the SW developed for these can be directly transferred on the Novasom RASPMOOD boards. Runs with the Debian you design with, Android, Linux or with a provided easy to use ruggedized Kernel (that open the system in ram and do not eat microSD) from Novasom Industries.
- Quad Core Cortex A53 @1,5 GHz
- 4K UHD on HDMI
- USB 3
- Wi-Fi/BT certified
- Wide range protected power supply
- RASPMOOD design
More boards and details can be found in Novasom Arm’s SBC products page.