e-con Systems launches High Speed Full HD Color Global Shutter USB 3.1 Gen1 Camera
Full HD @ 120 fps | Color Global Shutter|AR0234CS CMOS sensor| ON Semiconductor® | USB 3.1 Gen1
e-con Systems Inc., a leading embedded camera solutions company adds yet another exciting product to its wide portfolio of industrial USB cameras by introducing the Full HD color global shutter USB 3.1 Gen1 camera, See3CAM_24CUG. The camera is designed to capture moving objects and rapid motion sequences with superior image quality and accuracy. See3CAM_24CUG is based on the 1/2.6″ AR0234CS image sensor from ON Semiconductor® with a pixel size of 3.0 µm and a dedicated image signal processor (ISP). It comes with an innovative global shutter pixel design optimized for reliably capturing moving scenes and objects with a resolution of up to 120 fps.
See3CAM_24CUG produces extraordinarily clear and sharp images with the AR0234 color global shutter sensor. Also, its ability to capture both continuous video and single frames makes it the perfect choice for a wide range of applications including license plate recognition, autonomous mobile robots, gesture recognition, robotic vision, drones, barcode scanner, factory automation, conveyor monitoring cameras, and traffic monitoring systems.
”Ever since we launched the MIPI interface version of the AR0234 based 2MP color global shutter camera for NVIDIA Jetson family for edge computing on Feb 3, 2021, we have witnessed the huge demand from our embedded vision customers. Taking forward this lead, e-con launches See3CAM_24CUG the first-in-the-world USB3.0 UVC color global shutter camera using AR0234 sensor”, said Ashok Babu President of econ Systems, Inc. “With 120fps capability and zero motion artifacts, this camera is an ideal camera for autonomous mobile robots for marker reading, Visual SLAM, barcode scanning/object recognition for smart carts and smart checkouts, inventory management drones, Driver Management Solution etc”, he added.
Features and benefits:
- A combination of global shutter and high frame rate helps to capture moving objects with no rolling shutter artifacts and close to zero motion blur.
- Onboard ISP helps to bring out best-in-class video output in both uncompressed UYVY and compressed MJPEG formats, and offloads image processing tasks and reduces CPU usage.
- FHD at 120fps helps to minimize frame-to-frame distortion.
- Low noise capabilities help to produce clear and sharp images.
- Its external trigger support makes it suitable for applications requiring synchronization of multiple cameras.