GENIATECH’S “XPI-IMX8MM” SBC RUNS LINUX ON i.MX8M Mini AND SELLS FOR $90
Tech Giant, Geniatech, has launched a $90 “XPI-iMX8MM” Single Board Computer! The XPI-iMX8MM runs Linux on an i.MX8M Mini and is equipped with 1GB to 4GB RAM, 8GB to 128GB eMMC, and 40-pin GPIO.
Geniatech’s XPI-iMX8MM is a Raspberry Pi sized SBC that has NXP’s 1.8GHz and quad-A53 i.MX8M Mini. It is the latest release, following the company’s larger APC810 SBC, which is also equipped with the i.Mx8M. The XPI-iMX8MM SBC has the same Raspberry Pi size and layout as the Amlogic S905X powered XPI-S905X, and is closely matched to Avnet/Embest’s Raspberry Pi style Maaxboard Mini, which is sold at $72.50 with 2GB RAM and an empty eMMC slot, except that Geniatech adds an HDMI port to the XPI-iMX8MM.
The XPI-iMX8MM also has a composite A/V port, a wider standard operating range, and a tolerance range of -40 to 105°C. There are also two user buttons, a PMIC, a heatsink, and a WiFi/BT module being the standard model, rather than optional.
If you are looking for larger i.MX8M Mini options with better features, you could consider SolidRun’s Humming board Ripple, priced at $170 dollars but you have to bear in mind that it is limited to only 2x USB 2.0 ports, though it provides M.2, mini-PCIe, sim slots, and a MikroBus interface. Other Mini-based SBCs from manufacturers like Estone and Gateworks exist, but they are not priced publicly.
Key Features and Specifications listed for the XPI-iMX8MM SBC include:
- Processor: NXP i.MX8M Mini Quad (4x Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.8GHz); Vivante GCNanoUltra (3D) and GC320 (2D) graphics with VPU; Cortex-M4F @ 400MHz
- Memory/storage: 1GB that is expandable to 4GB LPDDR4 and 8GB that is also expandable to 128GB eMMC
- 1x MicroSD slot
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- 2.4GHz WiFi via 4-pin USB header
- Optional dual-band 802.11ac with Bluetooth 4.1
- Media I/O:
- HDMI 1.4 port at up to 1080p60 decode
- 2-lane MIPI-DSI at up to 1080p60 decode
- 2-lane MIPI-CSI at up to 1080p60 encode
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video interface
- I2S, AC97, TDM and S/PDIF audio interfaces
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- USB Type-C port with 5V power input only
- Expansion: 40-pin GPIO connector with I2C, SPI, UART, PWM
- 2x LEDs
- 5V/3A power supply via USB Type-C
- Powerand Reset buttons
- Operating temperature: 0 ~ 95°C or -40 ~ 105°C
- Board Dimensions: 85 mm x 56mm
- Operating system: Yocto Linux; FreeRTOS