Simple, tiny USB to UART converter with digital isolator working between 2.5V and 5V up to 3Mbaud, with the Arduino Pro mini connector.
It’s a USB to UART converter with a digital isolator at the UART side. It has a micro USB for connecting to the PC and a 6 pin header with the same pin-out of the Arduino Pro mini board.
The chip FT231XQ is used as interface between the USB and the UART protocol, while the Si8642 is used for isolate the board from the PC. This converter is very useful if you are working on some projects and worrying about short circuit with the main power supply. Because the isolator isolates the two sides therefore there is no electrically connection.
- Original FT231XQ: Compatible with almost all the operating systems and capable of variety baud rates from 300 baud up to 3 Mbaud
- Original Si8642BB-B-IS1: Low-Power Quad-Channel Digital Isolators with isolation rating up to 2.5kV
- Size of 40 x 17 mm
- 4.1 mm isolation between the two sides guarantee an electrical isolation up to 1kV
- Working between 2.5V to 5V.
- TX and RX LEDs indicators.
- Micro USB connector.
- Standard 2.54mm 6 pins female header.
- Protected by a transparent heat shrink sleeve.
The board is live on kickstarter available for funding and has 24 days to go.