The MAX77860 is a USB type-c, 3A switch-mode buck charger with integrated CC detection, reverse boost, and ADC.
Ease of design and 30 percent smaller design size, with the MAX77860.
The MAX77860 is a high-performance single input switch mode charger that features USB Type-C CC detection capability in addition to reverse boost capability and a Safeout LDO.
This switched-mode battery charger with two integrated switches, provides small inductor and capacitor sizes, programmable battery charging current. It is ideally suited for portable devices such as smartphones, IoT devices, and other Li-ion battery powered electronics, featuring a single input, which works for both USB and high voltage adapters. It supports USB Type-C CC detection under BC 1.2 specification, and the power-path switch is integrated in the chip. All MAX77860 blocks connected to the adapter/USB pin are protected from input overvoltage events up to 14V.
The switching charger is designed with a special CC, CV, and die temperature regulation algorithm, as well as I2C programmable settings to accommodate a wide range of battery sizes and system loads. Additionally, the on-chip ADC can help monitor the charging input voltage/current, battery voltage, charging/discharging current, and the battery temperature.
- USB Type-C Charging for 1S Li-ion Applications
- Mobile Point-of-Sale Devices
- Portable Medical Equipment
- Portable Industrial Equipment
- Single-Input Switch Mode Charger
- Up to 14V Protection
- 4.0V to 13.5V Input Operating Range
- Switching Charger with D+/D- Charger Detection
- Up to 4.0A Input Current Limit with Adaptive Input Current Limit (AICL)
- Up to 3.15A Battery Charging Current Limit
- Optional External Sense Resistor
- CC, CV, and Die Temperature Control
- Supports USB-OTG Reverse Boost, up to 1.5A Current Limit
- Master-Slave Charging Capability, up to 6A Charge Current
- Integrated Battery True-Disconnect FET
- Rated up to 9ARMS, Discharge Current Limit (Programmable)
- USB Type-C Detection
- Integrated VCONN Switch
- CC Pin
- D+/D- Detection for USB HVDCP
- BC 1.2 Support
- One Safeout LDO
- I2C-Compatible Interface