NanoPi M4B – Another ARM Board Powered By Rockchip RK3399
FriendlyELEC is releasing another revision of NanoPi M4 with NanoPi M4B combining some of the features of M4 and M4V2 boards such as DDR3 memory and power & recovery buttons. The new NanoPi M4B is an RK3399 SoC (6 core ARM Cortex-A72/A53) based ARM board as its successors. It has the same form of factor as the Raspberry Pi B3+ and has ports and interfaces which are compatible with RPi B3+.
The biggest change comes in the form of removal of the USB 3.0 hub from the new board. Now the company is going with the two USB 2.0 interfaces and two USB 3.0 interfaces. This step should lower the manufacturing cost, and in some cases enhance performance. Also, there is only 2 GB DDR3 RAM.
NanoPi M4B Spec List:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 Hexa-core processor with 2x Arm Cortex-A72 @ up to 2.0GHz, 4x Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5GHz,
- GPU – a Mali-T864 with OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11, and AFBC, and a VPU with 4K VP9 and 4K 10-bit H265/H264 decoding support
- System Memory – Dual-channel 2GB DDR3
- Storage – eMMC module socket, MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDCP 1.4/2.2 support
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack with stereo audio, HDMI digital audio output
- Camera – One or two 4-lane MIPI-CSI connector(s) (one multiplexed with MIPI-DSI), dual ISP up to 13MP
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 1T1R, Bluetooth 5.0 via AP6256 module, 1x IPX antenna connector
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 Type-C port for power input
- 40-pin GPIO header with 3x 3V/1.8V I2C, up to 1x 3V UART, 1x 3V SPI, 1x SPDIF_TX, up to 8x 3V GPIOs, 1x 1.8V 8-channel I2S
- 24-pin extension port, PCIe x2, 1x PWM, Power key, IR Rx
- Debugging – 4-pin UART header (3V 1.5Mbps)
- Misc – Power key, recovery button, power LED, 1x user LED, 2-pin header for RTC battery, ADB switch
- Power Supply – 5V/3A via USB-C port or GPIO header; RK808-D PMIC
- Dimensions – 85 mm x 56 mm (8-layer PCB)
- Temperature Range – -20°C to 70°C
OS support for this board includes Armbian built Debian or Ubuntu, Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 64-bit, Lubuntu 16.04 32-bit, Ubuntu Core 18.04 64-bit, and Android 8. More technical details about this board can be found on this Wiki.