NanoPi S2, A $45 Development Board For Professionals & Hobbyists
This NanoPi board uses the Samsung Quad Core Cortex-A9 S5P4418 SoC with dynamic frequency scaling up to 1.4GHz. It comes with 1G DDR3 RAM, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi & Bluetooth 4.0 module. The NanoPi S2 is powered over the MicroUSB port, It also has video input/output interface, 3.5mm audio jack, USB port and MicroSD card slot, serial debug port and ADC pin-header.
- CPU: S5P4418, dynamic frequency from 400Mhz to 1.4GHz
- PMU Power Management Unit: AXP228. It supports software shutdown and wake-up functions.
- DDR3 RAM: 1GB
- eMMC: 8GB
- Wireless：802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth：4.0 dual mode
- MicroSD Slot: 1 x MicroSD Slot
- Audio: 3.5mm jack/Via HDMI
- Microphone: 3.5mm jack
- USB Host: 1 x USB 2.0 Host
- Micro USB: 1 x MicroUSB, USB 2.0 for both data transmission and power input
- LCD Interface: 0.5 mm pitch 45-pin SMT FPC seat, for full-color LCD (RGB: 8-8-8)
- HDMI: microHDMI,1080P60 output
- DVP Camera Interface: 0.5mm pitch 24-pin FPC seat.
- LVDS：0.5mm pitch 24-Pin FPC seat
- GPIO1: 2.54mm pitch 40pin, compatible with Raspberry Pi’s GPIO. It includes UART, SPI, I2C, PWM, IO and etc
- ADC: onboard ADC pin header
- Serial Debug Port:2.54mm pitch 4-Pin header
- Antenna Interface: IPX
- User Key: 1 x Power , 1 x Boot Mode Switch
- LED: 1 x Power LED, 1 x System LED
- RTC: RTC Pins
- PCB Size(mm): 75 x 40, 8 layer， ENIG
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- OS/Software: u-boot, Android5.1, Debian8
The NanoPi S2 has various interfaces, ports such as LVDS, and GPIOs which are compatible with Raspberry Pi’s GPIOs and ts PCB dimension is 40 * 75 mm.
The NanoPi S2 works with most of the modules and OS images that are developed for FriendlyElec’s S5P4418 based boards.
To start using NanoPi S2 you need MicroSD Card/TF Card, a DC 5V/2A power, HDMI monitor or LCD, USB keyboard, mouse and possibly a USB hub, a host computer running Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit system. It’s recommended to use a Class10 8GB SDHC TF card to boot and run fast.
NanoPi S2 is similar to NanoPi 2 with replacing one of the micro SD slot by an eMMC flash, and adding an LVDS connector, an audio jack, and an ADC header. The S2 is supported with the same software of NanoPi 2 with Android 5.1 and Debian 8 images. The NanoPi S2 is available for $45 directly on FriendlyARM website.