RK3399 SoC Based ROCK960 Model C Features 4-Lanes PCI-E 2.1
VAMRS Limited launched Rock96 Model C, which retains being part of their 96Boards ecosystem. ROCK960 is the first 96boards based on Rockchip processor. Featuring RK3399 with Dual A72 plus Quad A53 cores and Mali T860MP4 makes it one of the most powerful 96boards.
Here is a brief explanation of 96board ecosystem: 96boards is a range of specifications with boards and peripherals offering different performance levels and features in a standard footprint, cross-vendor, platform-independent, easy to find alternatives, supported by industrial giants. 96Boards mezzanine products expand ROCK960 with new interfaces for IoT, industrial control, and other embedded applications.
The Rock96 Model C comes with the RK3399 SoC, which features a hexacore ARM big.LITTLE processor with 2X Cortex-A72 cores, 4X Cortex-A53 cores, a Mali-T860 GPU, and up to 4Gb of LPDDR4 RAM (depending on the version). It also packs a micro SD card slot (eMMC optional), HDMI 2.0 port, USB-C port (host only), and a pair of USB 3.0 ports (one host only, and one OTG). 4 lanes PCI-E 2.1 on board makes the high-speed communication such as FPGA or external GPU possible.
The new Rock96 Model C still preserves the original Rock96’s 40-pin low-speed GPIO header (UART, SPI, I2C, I2S), 60-pin high-speed header (MIPI DSI, USB, MIPI CSI, HSIC, SDIO), and 4-lane M.2 PCI-E 2.1 connector. Wireless connectivity is done through Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy with a pair of onboard antennas, and two u.FL connectors.
The key specifications are:
- 96boards Consumer Edition specification Compliant
- Preloaded Android 7.1 TV box edition
- Rockchip RK3399
- Dual Cortex-A72, frequency 1.8Ghz with quad Cortex-A53, frequency 1.4Ghz
- Mali T860MP4 GPU, supports OpenGL ES 1.1 /2.0 /3.0 /3.1 /3.2, Vulkan 1.0, Open CL 1.1 1.2, DX11.
- 16GB eMMC or 32GB eMMC optional
- uSD slot supports up to 128G MicroSD card
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3 or 4GB LPDDR3 optional
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO up to 867Mbps
- Bluetooth 4.2
- HDMI 2.0 up to [email protected] 1.2 via USB type C port
- MIPI DSI 4 lanes via high-speed connector
- USB: USB 3.0 type AUSB 3.0 type C with DP 1.2
- PCI-E: PCI-E 2.1, M.2 B key connector, hotplug not supported
- 40-pin low-speed header :
- – 2 x UART
- – 1 x SPI bus
- – 2 x I2C bus
- – 1 x PCM/I2S
- – 12 x GPIO
- – 2 x 12V DC power in
- – 1 x 1.8V power pin
- – 1 x 5V power pin
- – 4 x ground pins
- 60-pin high-speed header :
- – 1 x four lanes MIPI DSI/CSI
- – 1 x four lanes MIPI CSI
- – 2 x I2C bus
- – 1 x USB 2.0 bus
- Battery: RTC battery for time backup(optional)
- Power: 8 to 18V DC input12V/2A DC 4.0 adapter default
- Size: 85mm x 54mm
Seeed Studio is currently selling only the 1GB version of the Rock96 Model C board for $69, while VAMRS is offering all three boards for $69 (1Gb), $79 (2Gb), and $99 (4Gb), respectively. If you need one (or more) of this awesome board for your next project, go to the VAMRS store.
Join 97,426 other subscribers