Seeed Studio introduces SSD202 SoC powered ultra-small system on module
We have already seen several modules coming to the market by Seeed Studio that was based on the SSD202 SoC, which integrated Arm Cortex-A7 processor core running at a clock frequency of up to 1.2GHz. Since this SoC is widely used in smart display applications, Seeed Studio has introduced yet another ultra-small system on module (SoM), IDO-SOM2D02-V1-2GW SoM, designed with 128MB DDR3 RAM and 2GB NAND flash storage.
With the small form factor, the system on module supports Wi-Fi communication through a dedicated Sigmaster Wi-Fi chip, SSW101B that can wirelessly transmit data over 500 meters in open space. This gives the user high performance for several wireless communication IoT and smart display-based applications.
“This SoM has a single-sided layout which means the back of the PCB is completely flat and has no traces. This helps to get rid of any interference when using this board with a carrier board.”
- CPU: SigmaStar SSD202 SoC integrated Arm Cortex-A7 dual-core processor, clocked up to 1.2GHz
- Video Processor: Support for maximum resolution of 1920×1080 at 60fps decoding, H.265/HEVC Decoder, I/P/B slices
- RAM: 128MB DDR3 memory
- Storage: 2GB SPI flash storage
- Operating system: Linux OS
- Wireless network: Sigmaster Wi-Fi chip (SSW101B) capable to transmit over 500 meters in open space
- Audio: 1x Mono AMIC, 1x Dual channel DMIC, 1x LINEOUTR/L, support 8K/16K/32K/48KHz sampling rate
- Video: Supports MIPI/RGB interface MIPI TX DSI 4-lane with max, 1.5Gbps, and output up to FHD 60fps
- Dimensions: 29.5mm x 29.5mm
- Peripherals: 4x UART, 1x SDIO2.0, 2x I2C, 1x I2S, 1x SPI, 4x PWM, several GPIOs
- Weight: 8 grams
Designed for smart displays, IoT gateways, and smart homes, it comes with support for audio and video interfaces. Audio support has a sampling rate of up to 48KHz giving it better audio quality and processing capabilities. Video support has output support of 1920×1080 at 60 frames per second, signifying the use-case for smart home applications.
For more information on the product, head to the official product page where it is priced at $15.00.
Join 97,426 other subscribers