Texas Instruments TMAG5170 Linear 3D Hall-Effect Sensor
Texas Instruments TMAG5170 Linear 3D Hall-Effect Sensor is a high-precision Hall-effect sensor designed for a wide range of industrial and personal electronics applications. This high level of integration offers flexibility and accuracy in a variety of position sensing systems. The device features three independent Hall sensors at the X, Y, and Z axes. A precision signal chain and an integrated 12-bit ADC enable high accuracy and low drift magnetic field measurements while supporting a sampling of up to 20ksps. On-chip temperature sensor data is available for system-level drift compensation.
Integrated angle calculation engine (CORDIC) provides complete 360° angular position information for both on-axis and off-axis angle measurement topologies. The angle calculation is performed using two user-selected magnetic axes. The device features magnetic gain and offset correction to mitigate the impact of system mechanical error sources. The TMAG5170 can be configured through the SPI to enable any combination of magnetic axes and temperature measurements. Multiple sensor conversion schemes and SPI read frames help optimize throughput and accuracy. A dedicated ALERT pin can act as a system interrupt during low power wake-up and sleep mode and can also be used by a microcontroller to trigger a new sensor conversion.
The Texas Instruments TMAG5170 offers multiple diagnostics features to detect and report both system and device-level failures. The SPI communication features a user-enabled cyclic redundancy check to enhance the data integrity. The device is offered in two different types to support wide magnetic fields ranges from ±25mT to ±300mT. The device performs consistently across a wide ambient temperature range of –40°C to +150°C.
- High-precision linear 3D Hall-effect sensor to optimize position sensing speed and accuracy
- ±2.6% (max. at 25°C) linear measurement total error
- ±2.8% (max.) sensitivity temperature drift
- 20Ksps conversion rate for single axis
- 10MHz serial peripheral interface (SPI) with cyclic redundancy check (CRC)
- Built-in temperature sensor with < ±2°C error
- Independently selectable X, Y, and Z magnetic ranges
- TMAG5170A1: ±25, ±50, ±100mT
- TMAG5170A2: ±75, ±150, ±300mT
- 5nA (typical) deep sleep mode current
- Autonomous wake-up and sleep mode for threshold detection consuming only 1.5µA
- ALERT function to initiate sensor conversion or indicate conversion complete
- Integrated diagnostics for fault detection
- Integrated angle CORDIC calculation with gain and offset adjustment
- 2.3V to 5.5V supply voltage range
- –40°C to +150°C operating temperature range
more information: https://www.ti.com/product/TMAG5170-Q1
Join 97,426 other subscribers