ACS711 Hall Effect Linear Current Sensor
Allegro Microsystems’ device consists of a linear Hall sensor circuit with a copper conduction path located near the surface of the die.
The Allegro ACS711 provides economical and precise solutions for AC or DC current sensing in <100 V audio, communications systems, and white goods.
The device consists of a linear Hall sensor circuit with a copper conduction path located near the surface of the die. Applied current flowing through this copper conduction path generates a magnetic field that is sensed by the integrated Hall IC and converted into a proportional voltage. Device accuracy is optimized through the close proximity of the magnetic signal to the Hall transducer.
The output of the device has a positive slope proportional to the current flow from IP+ to IP- (pins 1 and 2 to pins 3 and 4). The internal resistance of this conductive path is 0.6 mΩ for the EX package, and 1.2 mΩ for the LC package, providing a non-intrusive measurement interface that saves power in applications that require energy efficiency.
The ACS711 is optimized for low-side current sensing applications, although the terminals of the conductive path are electrically isolated from the sensor IC leads, providing sufficient internal creepage and clearance dimensions for a low AC or DC working voltage applications. The thickness of the copper conductor allows the survival of the device at up to 5× overcurrent conditions.
The ACS711 is provided in small, surface-mount packages: SOIC8 and QFN12. The lead frame is plated with 100% matte tin, which is compatible with standard lead (Pb) free printed circuit board assembly processes. Internally, the device is Pb-free, except for flip-chip high-temperature Pb-based solder balls, currently exempt from RoHS. The device is fully calibrated prior to shipment from the factory.
- No external sense resistor required; single package solution
- Economical low- and high-side current sensing
- Output voltage proportional to AC or DC currents
- ±12.5 A and ±25 A full-scale sensing ranges on LC package
- ±15.5 A and ±31 A full-scale sensing ranges on EX package
- Overcurrent FAULT trips and latches at 100% of full-scale current
- Low-noise analog signal path
- 100 kHz bandwidth
- 3.0 V to 5.5 V, single-supply operation
- Integrated electrostatic shield for output stability
- Factory-trimmed for accuracy
- Extremely stable output offset voltage
- Zero magnetic hysteresis
- Ratiometric output from supply voltage
more information: www.allegromicro.com
Join 97,426 other subscribers