CrowPi L is a Cost-effective Way of Learning Programming
After CrowPi and CrowPi 2, Elecrow has come up with the Lite version of CrowPi 2. This Raspberry Pi computer can be a great start for a newbie to enter the field of embedded development. CrowPi L is the third and most refined edition of the CrowPi family, it was introduced after resolving a few restrictions identified by the users and Raspberry Pi enthusiasts. Some of the issues faced by the users included difficulty in installing the Raspberry Pi, switching systems, cooling and connecting an external display. With this new CrowPi L, the company assures to bring new experiences to the users.
Following the tradition of the CrowPi family, this new design aims to provide a very affordable program learning experience. CrowPi L is available in 4GB and 8GB variants. The laptop will offer a customized operating system which will mainly focus on education software, but the company also provides a long list of supported well-known operating systems, including Raspberry Pi OS, Ubuntu, Windows IoT, ArchLinux, RISC OS etc. The main vision of the company is that any OS working on RaspberryPi 4 should be compatible with the laptop. There are 96 courses in the learning kit which makes it a true programming kit for beginners.
Technical Specifications of CrowPi L
- Equipped with an 11.6-inch IPS screen, the CrowPi L provides a resolution of 1366 x 768. The built-in 5000 mAh rechargeable battery is projected to last 3 hours, making it more like a laptop.
- CrowPi also offers an in-built webcam, speakers, and a headphone jack for a good telecommunication experience. Also, a standard keyboard with a touchpad makes the interfacing experience better.
- Raspberry Pi installation is considerably easy and quick with its magnetically hooked design. Unlike its predecessors, which were compatible with the Raspberry Pi 3B+, 3B or 4, the latest CrowPi L operates only with the Raspberry Pi 4B.
- This device has Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.0 to give excellent networking connectivity, and all of the other capabilities of the RaspberryPi 4 board.
- Multitasking is feasible with a two-monitor configuration, which increases productivity. The external display can be connected via an HDMI port which may increase your viewing area. It may also help the user to browse the web, display additional information, or mirror your laptop screen. It also has a 40-pin GPIO interface for making innovative projects. For more detailed specifications, read the user manual.
Learning Made Easier With CrowPi L
For Hardware:- CrowPi supports hardware projects too. It provides a Crowtail kit which is only available with the advanced kit and also a 40-pin GPIO extension shield. The Crowtail Starter Kit comes with 22 modules, including RGB LEDs, ultrasonic sensors, infrared sensors, and more. The jumper wires included in the kit make it simple to develop a project without the hassle of soldering.
For Programming:- CrowPi L offers courses for beginners interested in learning programming as well as for RaspberryPi enthusiasts. RaspberryPi comprises 96 programming courses which include 40 Letscode lessons and 56 Python Lessons. Letscode, a self-developed programming software, supports a variety of programming languages and platforms, including visual programming on the Raspberry Pi. On the other hand, you can also learn basic to advanced level Python with CrowPi L. A beginner may learn the foundations of programming by following these courses. They allow users to master the underlying logic of programming and enhance logical thinking to the advanced level of Python grammar, complete hardware projects using code, consolidate and develop programming skills, and foster systematic design thinking.
CrowPi L is a cost-effective way of learning programming with new facilities. It comes with a Basic Kit and an Advanced Kit, the figure above shows the differentiation between both these kits. One can buy this robust device starting at an affordable price from CrowPi’s official website.
Join 97,426 other subscribers