Digitally Controlled MEMS Oscillator Enables Up to 25% Faster Wireless Charging Mobile and IoT Applications
SiTime Corporation has released the SiT3901 µPower digitally controlled MEMS oscillator (DCXO) for power-sensitive and space-constrained mobile and IoT applications. Ideal for wireless charging systems for smartwatches, activity trackers, hearing aids, wearables, portable medical devices, this new oscillator enables the charger to dynamically tune the resonant frequency, maximizing power transfer and delivering up to 25% faster charging.
The digital control feature on the SiT3901 DCXO eliminates the need for additional passive components on the board, reducing the timing solution area by up to 90%. It offers high resilience to analog noise and stability over the temperature of ±50 and ±100 ppm.
Key Features of SiT3901 MEMS Oscillator
- Ultra-low 105 micro-amps of current consumption (typical)
- Ultra-wide digital pull range (up to 15%) for output frequency
- Stability over the temperature of ±50 and ±100 ppm
- Wide temperature range, from -40 degree C to +85 degree C
- Ultra-small 1.5 mm x 0.8 mm package size
- Programmable frequency from 1 MHz to 26 MHz
- Ideal for space-saving applications
- Helps reduce BOM costs
more information: https://www.sitime.com/products/digitally-controlled-oscillators/sit3901