First dev-kits available for mosaic, Septentrio’s new high-precision GNSS module
mosaic is Septentrio’s most compact high-precision GPS/GNSS receiver module. This next-generation receiver is now available for trial with its newly released development kit.
Septentrio announces today that the mosaic development kit is available for testing and integration. mosaic is Septentrio’s most compact next-generation, high-precision multi-frequency GPS/GNSS module. This receiver brings precision and reliability of high-end multi-frequency GNSS to mass market applications. It is designed to fit into the assembly line process, which allows mosaic to be favorably priced for high volumes.
Its light weight and low power consumption helps extend battery life of robotic devices increasing operation time and efficiency. This makes mosaic ideal for applications such as robotics, automation, telematics and wearables.
“We see a growing demand for reliable high-precision positioning,” said Chris Lowet, Product Manager at Septentrio. “A few years ago, this demand was concentrated in professional applications, for example survey, high precision mapping and machine control. Today, with expansion of robotics, automation and IoT, a wide range of devices need high-precision positioning, from Ag robots to IoT gateways to autonomous vehicles. We designed mosaic to answer these market needs.”
Some of mosaic’s highlights include:
- Centimeter positioning in tough environments with multi-frequency, multi-constellation GNSS technology
- Best-in-class Advanced Interference Mitigation (AIM+) allows you to continue working despite radio interference from other electronic devices or jamming
- Extensive corrections support for high-accuracy positioning: SBAS, PPP, SSR, RTK
- RAIM+, integrity engine needed for safety-critical applications such as autonomous vehicles
- Tracking all current and future GNSS satellite signals for enhanced RTK (Real-Time Kinematic) performance and guaranteed RTK network compatibility
- 100 Hz update rate, ideal for robotics and fast-moving vehicles
The development kit assists Septentrio customers with integrating mosaic into their system. It supports connectivity through internet, COM ports, USB 2.0 as well as an SD Card slot. Would you like to try out mosaic in your system? Contact Septentrio to request your development kit here.