LinkSwitch-TNZ Switching Power Supply IC
Power Integrations’ switching IC saves 60% of standby power in smart home products
With integrated lossless AC zero-cross detection, Power Integrations’ LinkSwitch-TNZ ICs provide best-in-class light load efficiencies, enabling more system features to be powered in standby while still meeting stringent standby regulations. At the same time, component count is reduced by more than 40% compared to discrete designs.
Optionally, an X-capacitor discharge function can be included for high-power applications, leading to greater PCB space reduction, low BOM count, and increased reliability (LNK331x). Eliminating the bleed resistors required to meet IEC62368-1 can reduce no-load consumption in white goods by up to 1 W.
LinkSwitch-TNZ switching power supply ICs enable ±3% regulation across line and load, no-load consumption of less than 30 mW with external bias, and have an IC standby current of less than 100 µA.
- Lossless zero-cross detection and signal generation
- Optional X-capacitor discharge function
- Supports buck, buck-boost, and flyback topologies
- Selectable device current limit
- Reduces size and cost of magnetics and output capacitor
- Allows the use of low-cost off-the-shelf inductors
- Frequency jittering reduces EMI
- 725 V MOSFET rating for excellent surge withstand
- Comprehensive safety and reliability features
- <150 µA leakage in 2-wire no neutral designs
- No-load consumption <30 mW with external bias
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations
more information: https://www.power.com/products/linkswitch/linkswitch-tnz/lnk3304d