Software upgradeable digital gas sensor platform targets smart refrigerators
ZMOD4450 – Refrigeration Air Quality Sensor Platform
The ZMOD4450 gas sensor module is a software configurable platform designed for detecting gases associated with food ripening or rotting and is targeted for use in refrigeration air quality (RAQ) applications. The sensor is a 12-pin LGA assembly (3.0 x 3.0 x 0.7 mm) that consists of a gas sense element and a CMOS signal conditioning IC. The module’s sense element consists of a micro-heater and sensing material integrated on a silicon-based MEMS structure. It measures the metal oxide (MOx) conductivity, which is a function of the gas concentration.
The measurement results can be read via an I²C interface with the user’s microprocessor, which processes the data to determine the levels of gases present and to indicate the likelihood of food spoilage. The sensor can be used to activate and manage air quality purification and remediation systems. With the ZMOD4450’s low operating current consumption, the sensor is an excellent choice for applications, such as refrigerator control systems, measurement of fruit and vegetable quality and monitors for fruit and vegetable storage conditions.
- Measurement of gases associated with food ripening and storageat trace (ppb) concentrations, including ethylene, amines, volatile sulfur compounds and others
- Software configurable methods of operation based on application and use case
- Algorithm to set a control signal to trigger an external action based on RAQ
- Firmware upgradable platform for application optimizations, such as ultra-low-power battery applications
- Every sensor is calibrated with ethylene providing consistency from lot-to-lot
- Complete qualification with harsh cases such as siloxanes
more information: www.idt.com
Join 97,426 other subscribers