Tiny MEMS microphone features 185µA ultra-low power mode
The InvenSense T3902 is what TDK Corporation claims to be the world’s lowest power Pulse Density Modulation (PDM) microphone for mobile, IoT and other consumer devices.
The multi-mode bottom-port MEMS microphone offers an exceptionally efficient 185µA ultra-low power mode, high SNR of 64.5 dB, and high Acoustic Overload Point (AOP) of 120 dB in a 3.5×2.65×0.98mm package. The microphone’s AlwaysOn functionality in low-power mode enables immediate accessibility upon wake command. TDK’s new T3902 microphone enables OEM partners to differentiate their product offerings by improving the consumer experience with reduced power consumption. This is especially critical to wearable and IoT designs where reduced board space and battery size are key factors to enabling a small form factor as well as providing a flexible and efficient (low power AlwaysOn) system design.
- 5 × 2.65 × 0.98 mm surface‐mount package
- Low power: 185 µA in Low‐Power Mode
- Extended frequency response from 36 Hz to >20 kHz
- Sleep Mode: 12 µA
- High power supply rejection (PSR): −97 dB FS
- Fourth‐order Σ‐Δ modulator
- Digital pulse density modulation (PDM) output
- Compatible with Sn/Pb and Pb‐free solder processes
- RoHS/WEEE compliant
InvenSense – www.invensense.com
Join 97,426 other subscribers