u-blox ZOE-M8B tiny GNSS SiP module
Ultra small, super low power u-blox M8 GNSS SiP module.
ZOE-M8B is u-blox’s ultra small, highly integrated GNSS SiP (System in Package), measuring just 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.0 mm. Making use of the Super-Efficient (Super-E) mode, ZOE-M8B offers an ideal balance between miniature size, low power consumption and good GNSS performance. ZOE-M8B uses up to 2.5 times less power than its pin-to-pin compatible counterpart, ZOE-M8G (running in 1 Hz full power mode), while still maintaining good positioning and speed accuracy.
An average power consumption over a typical 30-minute track will be as low as 25 mW. This is true even when using an industrial antenna design with moderate-to-low signal levels. Super-E has a default performance setting for the best balance between power vs. performance.
It also has a power save setting for additional power savings with potential compromise on performance. The TCXO-based ZOE-M8B integrates a front-end SAW filter and an additional front-end LNA for increased jamming immunity and easier antenna integration. A passive antenna can be used to provide a highly integrated system solution with minimal eBOM.
Ultra small, ultra low power GNSS SiP with Super-E mode
- Ultra small size SiP (System‑in‑Package) 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.0 mm
- Fully integrated and complete solution, reducing total design efforts
- As low as 12 mW power consumption thanks to Super‑E mode
- Ideal for passive antenna, due to built‑in SAW and LNA
- High accuracy thanks to concurrent reception of up to 3 GNSS
- Pin‑to‑pin compatible with ZOE‑M8G
Price Starting from 12.99 EUR (100 – 480 pcs) and is available from www.u-blox.com