New range of building blocks for IoT development are just out there! Just like LEGO, PUREmodules by Pure Engineering are the building blocks for IoT connected smart sensors where there is no need to solder, using breadboard or wires. It’s all done just by snapping the modules together and writing some lines of code.
The modules that are already designed are:
- SUPER SENSOR module
- General Purpose IO modules via I2C Expanders
- I2C ADC and DAC modules
- Energy Harvesting Modules
- Low power chemical Sensors
- PIN diode Radiation Detector Module
- I2C thermal camera modules
- Dual I2C DC motor Module
- GPS and IMU Module
- Long Range LoRa RF modules (10+ miles)
- Li-Ion and other Power modules
- Ethernet Module
- Low Power LCD module
- User IO button and LED modules
- Multiple Core modules; CC2650, EFM32, ESP32 and more.
- Adapter modules to other sensor systems such as Grove and LittleBits
- Adapters to popular platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
Only COREmodule and SUPER SENSOR module are live now in the Kickstarter campaign that Pure Engineering has launched, check the campaign video:
The brain of other modules based on nRF52832 SOC. It is compatible with Arduino and a number of other open source frameworks, it has an onboard antenna and able to update its firmware over the air. Also it supports these IoT operating systems: Mynewt, Zephyr, Contiki OS, RIOT-OS, and mbed OS.
SUPER SENSOR module
This multi function sensor can be used in home automation and monitoring, health tracking, and industrial measurement. It contains the following embedded sensors: barometric pressure, humidity, temperature, accelerometer, magnetometer, UVA UVB, RGB, IR, and heart rate pulse oximetry.
PUREmodules goal is to simplify IoT development for hackers, tinkerers and designers and to propose a new easy way of interaction and control everything through the Internet. More details can be found at the official website and the Kickstarter campaign. You can pre-order a COREmodule and SUPER SENSOR for $59 as an early bird pledge.
Join 97,426 other subscribers