Ganymede MEMS Speakers can be retrofitted into standard enclosures
USound GmbH’s Ganymede Achelous and Adap MEMS speakers with their compact size of 4.7 mm x 6.7 mm x 1.6 mm are ideal for in-ear headphone designs and wearables such as true-wireless headsets. The perfect addition to traditional speakers, they can be easily retrofitted into standard enclosures to improve treble or implement 3D audio systems.
Achelous is a MEMS speaker designed for occluded-ear headphones. It can also be used as a micro-tweeter for wearables and array applications. This speaker provides higher excursion and more damping ideal for in-ear designs. In free-field, the resonance is lower than Adap, which allows a lower crossover frequency.
Adap is a MEMS-based micro-speaker for occluded-ear headphones and can also be used as micro-tweeter for wearables and array applications. It is optimized as a tweeter with high SPL above resonance. The Adap has a higher resonance frequency.
- Small form factor
- High flexibility for acoustic system integration
- Low heat generation
- No magnetic field
- High input impedance suitable for thin wires or PCB traces
- Efficient MEMS actuator
- High force and displacement
- High signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Low power consumption compared to conventional speaker systems
- Creates a clear and crisp sound for a vivid audio experience
- High integratability
- Easy integration with MEMS microphones
- Capable of operating as a piezo microphone
- The compact size enables array/matrix configurations and audio functionalities, such as ultrasonic applications and beam-forming
- Noise cancellation
- Ideal speaker technology for active noise cancellation applications
- Perfect for 3D audio applications for augmented and virtual reality