This design is a type of indicator that is used in voltage reading. It operates as an indicator rather than a meter that drives LED for voltage indication. Voltage thresholds are 1.5, 3, 4.5 and 6V. Above each incremental threshold an additional LED turns on.
LED DC Voltage Indicator – [Link]
by Ole_L @ instructables.com:
If you wanna build a fancy led matrix display with only a few pixels, this is exactly what YOU need!
-WS2812(B) LED strip
-A piece wood
-7 jumper wires
-7 female pin headers
10×5 RGB LED Matrix with only 5 IO pins – [Link]
by Scarab Hardware :
Ambient lighting is a technique that creates light effects around the television that correspond to the video content. It has been pioneered by Philips under the brand Ambilight. In this project we will create a basic FPGA-based ambient lighting system that reads the video signal over HDMI. This means we are not limited to computer output. We can use it together with DVD players, video game consoles, etc.
DIY FPGA-based HDMI ambient lighting – [Link]
Thin LED strip but also a powerful LED application sourced directly from 230V mains line are no problem for Wago series 2059, 2060 and 2061 terminal blocks.
Innovative series Wago 2060 now has two new familiar – smaller and bigger one. We talk about series 2059 and 2061. In result, WAGO 2059, 2060 a 2061 LED terminal blocks series create a comprehensive family of SMT connectors usable for practically any LED applications and in general – for every application, where advantages are low profile of connectors, reliable contact resistant to vibrations (spring clamp) and also aesthetical look…
Already the 2060 series showed us all main benefits of SMT LED connectors Wago 20xx. It has found its place on a market very quickly and it´s perspective for all new designs. Moreover, now we can choose from already three types:
- 2059 – extra miniature connector, only 2.7 mm high. 160V/3A, for wires 0.14-0.34 mm2, 3mm pitch.
- 2060 – universal miniature connector, only 4.5 mm high. 160V/9A, for wires 0.2-0.75 mm2, 4mm pitch. Also available with 8mm pitch version with max. operating voltage up to 630V. Also available a THR version with wave-solderable pins.
- 2061 – the biggest (but still miniature) connector, only 5.6mm high. 320V/ 17.5A, for wires 0.5-1.,5mm2, 6 mm pitch. Ideal for direct connection of power supply to products (power input and output for LED drivers, powerful LED applications, …). A black version is also available.
All types are produced in 1-3 pole versions and also available are connecting links to interconnect two PCBs with each other (easy creation of long strings). Similarly, all types are suitable for automated pick-and-place assembly. Connector body is made of a made of an advanced material (glass fiber reinforced PPA) with a very wide range of operating temperatures.
Detailed information will provide you the Wago 2059-2060-2061 brochure.
Wago LED terminal blocks are ready for small and also big applications – [Link]
I was designing an electronic clock to see time easier at night. And while at it, I came up with a nice idea:
Having used a lot of perfboards(dot pcb) to prototype my projects, I thought of a way to make a 7 segment display out of smd leds. Making a segment out of 2 common grounded leds..
I stumbled upon it while trying to determine a nice size for my clock. I drew a mask on perfboard with a marker. Later I redrew it and cut it out:
An SMD 4 digit 7 segment DIY display – [Link]
by Steven Keeping @ digikey.com:
The dominant technology for today’s high-brightness LEDs is gallium nitride (GaN) on sapphire or silicon carbide (SiC) substrates. These materials are popular because the resultant LEDs are bright, efficient, and last a long time. However, the chips are tough to manufacture and package into useable devices, multiplying the cost of end products that use them as light engines. Although prices have plummeted in recent years, LED lighting is still considerably more expensive to purchase than traditional alternatives. This initial expense is cited as a major factor slowing the acceptance of solid-state lighting (SSL).
A pioneering group of manufacturers has worked hard to reduce the cost of high-power LEDs by replacing the sapphire or SiC substrate with silicon (Si), the material routinely used to manufacture most electronic chips (“ICs”). The key benefit is a very-low-cost supply of wafers and the opportunity to use depreciated 8-inch wafer fabs for LED manufacture. Combined, those concepts enable a dramatic reduction in LED prices, overcoming consumer objections.
Improved Silicon-Substrate LEDs Address High Solid-State Lighting Costs – [Link]
by Dooievriend @ tweakblog.tweakblogs.net:
More than a year ago, a friend of mine asked me to write the software for his 3D Spectrum Analyser (3DSA): a device that takes as input an audio signal, and outputs its visualisation on a 3D matrix of leds. If the above description doesn’t quite ring a bell, simply watch the end result in action.
First things first though, the microprocessor to be programmed was an 80MHz Olimex PIC32, soldered to the PIC32-PINGUINO-OTG development board. (For those who ever tinkered with Arduino boards: it’s the same, only with a faster chip and fewer builtin libraries ) The Algorithm had to sample the input signal at regular time intervals, convert this signal to the frequency domain, and visualize the detected frequencies on a 16x16x5 LED matrix.
3D Spectrum Analyser – [Link]
We can control almost everything from our smartphone, tablet or smart watch these days, and thanks to the CleverLight™ Wi-Fi LED bulb, you can now control your lighting remotely without additional box.
We are pleased to announce that we have launched a new and unique product CleverLight™ Wi-Fi LED bulb.
Installation is as simple as removing your old bulb and installing CleverLight™ Wi-Fi LED bulb. Wall switch retains functionality.
In comparison to an incandescent bulb which lasts approximately 1,000 hours, CleverLight™ Wi-Fi LED bulb last at least 25,000 hours apiece at an estimated lifetime more than 20 years. With our LED technology 85 percent less power is needed than incandescent bulbs. CleverLight™ using up to 9 watts compared to a 60 watt incandescent bulb. Be smart with your energy.
To create the best user experience possible, we use Smart Config™ — a one-step and one-time process used to connect the CleverLight™ to a Wi-Fi network.
Just connect your Wi-Fi enabled phone or tablet to your access point, then enter your network’s password into the CleverLight™ App, and the setup process completes in less than thirty seconds.
CleverLight – Affordable Smart Wi-Fi LED Light Bulb – [Link]
Impress your friend with the ultimate geek’s Birthday Cake! A hand-made open source electronic cake with candles you can blow out!
- Features 9 LED candles that you can blow on, to make them flicker and go out, like you do with a real birthday cake! Each candle blinks with random period and phase that depends on the intensity of the air flow
- Piezo sensor and a special air trap to detect air flow with astounding sensitivity using resonance effect
- Atmel ATTiny44 microcontroller on board with 4 kilobytes of flash memory and 256 bytes RAM
- Open source hardware and firmware. Can be re-programmed with an ICSP programmer or Arduino board via Arduino IDE
- Size 42 x 42 x 18 mm, weight 26g
- Powered by a single AAAA/LR61 battery (included)
- 3.3V step-up converter on board
- Ultra low shutdown current (less than 1 uA in deep shutdown)
- Hand-soldered using lead-free solder
BitCake – Electronic Birthday Cake – [Link]
SosElectronics offers you simply applicable solution of a power LED on a thermal clad in a special offer!
- power white SMD LED Luxeon Rebel
- luminous flux min. 100 lm / 350 mA
- specified to continuous 700 mA / 3,2 V
- made on a ceramic base with electrically insulated thermal pad
- guaranteed lumen maintanance 70% of original value at 50 000 hrs / 700mA / Tj 135°C
- low moisture sensitivity – JEDEC Level 1
- dimensions: 4,61 x 3,17 x 2,10 mm
- thermal clad for Lumileds Luxeon Rebel
- optimal heat transfer from LED to heatsink
- longer LED lifetime and luminosity thanks to a lower operating temperature
- star board
- easy application
Readily usable LED for exceptional price – [Link]