SPICY Schematics is a revolution in electronic circuit schematic capture
Spicy takes full advantage of mobile technologies for circuit design – the first tablet application to offer real Spice simulation and advanced sharing and online backup features.
SPICY is fast, intuitive, and allows you to literally draw circuits with your fingers. Create, save, edit, share, simulate, export and send screen-shots to email, SPICY is a must have for students and working engineers alike.
iSchematics.com – Spice Simulation and Schematics for iPad! - [Link]
Neat small unit converter for electronic engineers. If you found this useful, but lack of features, please be free and report/ask for updates. This tool is completely free.
DBCalc – dB Calculator freeware - [Link]
Using this tool you can find closest simple resistors net of standard resistors values. Select net, select required resistance and you will got pair (or triplet) of resistors with combined value closest to your needs.
EqResistors 2.0 – Resistors Combination Calculator - [Link]
After a long beta testing period Microchip finally released MPLAB X V1.0.
MPLAB X is the new integrated development system for Microchip microcontrollers. It is built on the Java platform so Mac, Linux, and Windows users are supported. Here are some major features of MPLAB X:
- Based on Java / Netbeans.
- Supported under Windows, Linux and Mac OS X 10.5 and Mac OS X 10.6.
- Newer, more functional GUI.
- MPLAB C32 (for PIC32MX), C30 (for PIC24 and dsPIC), C18 compilers are available.
- HI-TECH C Lite Compiler for PIC18s, and HI-TECH C Lite Compiler for PIC10/12/16 are also available.
MPLAB X v1.0 released - [Link]
For valuable work on creation of sites you need a good comfortable editor necessarily. There are many requiring paid products for this purpose, but we would like to select free of charge very functional and at the same time of simple in the use editor – Codelobster PHP Edition
Let us consider some important possibilities and advantages of this program:
- HTML/CSS inspector on the type of Firebug, which allows easily to correlate the selected elements of page with a code and proper style.
- Context help on all supported languages. By pressing F1 key the page with detailed description for current tag, attribute or function will be opened.
- PHP debugger. PHP debugger allows to execute PHP scripts incrementally, watching the values of all variables in every line.
- SQL manager allows to produce all necessary actions with a database – to add, delete, edit a structure and records in tables, to export data, execute SQL queries. Highlighting and autocompletion works for SQL files also.
- Support of FTP allows to work straight with a remote server and to do all necessary changes with files;
- The portable option allows to use editor without the preliminary installation.
- Other useful utilities: pair highlighting, possibility of blocks selection, collapsing, tooltips, navigation on descriptions of functions and included files at withholding of the key of CTRL, viewing of structure of files and project, preview in a browser, book-marks, and all other standard possibilities for work with a code.
Also there are special plugins for work with:
- CMS: Drupal, Joomla
- PHP frameworks: CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Symfony
- WordPress blogging engine
- Smarty template engine
The Fritzmas challenge – send in your projects! @ Fritzing. Andre writes – [via]
It’s that time of the year again, and we would like to take the opportunity to re-cap what the last year has brought. So here’s the Fritzmas challenge 2011: You show us what you did, and we give you what we did.
How you can win
Take a look at what you’ve built with Fritzing this year, and snap a couple of photos/screenshots. If you think it’s an interesting concept, a technical masterpiece, or just fun, we want to see it all.
Then either upload it to our projects gallery or mail them to info (ät) fritzing.org. (Also, you must agree that we may publish what you send us (if you prefer, anonymized).
Deadline is Sunday, December 18th.
The Fritzmas challenge – send in your projects! – [Link]
I had been reading on chaos generators in the past, and this e-mail got me interested again. Their design is somewhat complicated, with a total of 13 stages of 7 different circuit blocks. You can read all about it in the PDF they published
A much simpler chaos generator that can be built with a lot less components is called Chua’s circuit. The downside with this simple circuit is that you need an inductor which you might have to wind up yourself. Also there should be much less variety than in the waveforms of the Elektor circuit. It has so many stages that can saturate to give different waveforms.
Still, Chua’s circuit is very interesting to fiddle with. I haven’t built the circuit yet, but I did some simulations with LTSpice IV and here’s what I found out.
LTSpice simulation of Chua’s circuit - [Link]
Now includes an interface to design simulators, enhanced circuit-element grouping capability and design calculators – [via]
RS Components (RS), on November 7 unveiled Version 3 of DesignSpark PCB, the company’s free professional standard PCB design software, used by professional designers, hobbyists and students.
Developed by RS, in conjunction with Number One Systems, the latest version of DesignSpark PCB provides extra functionality and enables the PCB design software to be used with Spice simulation tools from several major manufacturers. In addition to the tool’s new simulation interface, Version 3 includes enhancements such as component and circuit element grouping, and design calculators, which model circuit performance characteristics.
“The success of DesignSpark PCB, the world’s most powerful free PCB design tool, is unparalleled in our industry,” said Mark Cundle, Technical Marketing Manager at RS Components. “The release of the third version of this award-winning software clearly demonstrates the commitment from RS to continually improve this highly successful product. We promise to carry on supporting DesignSpark PCB and continue to make it available free-of-charge to users. We’ve gathered feedback from engineers through our fast-growing DesignSpark community to integrate the new features they’ve requested in Version 3,” added Cundle. “Additionally, the tool is fully functional – with no limitations or locked features – and is well suited to commercial use, which is not always the case with some free tools.”
DesignSpark PCB design software upgraded to version 3 - [Link]
The program contains a lot of pages with different electronic calculations. Each page contain one or more different calculations. The program is free to download and use, but the program is timelocked. A new version will have to be downloaded after about 1/2 year
MiscEl – A program with lots of electronic calculation - [Link]