EagleUp is a new way to render Eagle PCBs in 3D. It integrates with Google Sketchup so it’s possible to design cases around the PCB model:
version 4 has been released. Most of the import and export procedures have been automatized to simplify the process, so that you can focus in design, and not in the conversion 2D/3D.
With the version 4, you export from Eagle in 2 clicks, and import into sketchup in 3 clicks. No more tiring image creation and manual import necessary. Give it a try !
EagleUP brings PCBs to Google Sketchup - [Link]
a resistor divider calculator spreadsheet [via]
Don’t we all have had frustrations galore when we were trying to fine tune the resistor divider for our voltage feedback on PS and LODs? Well, my good friend Art Nace came up with this wonderful tool to calculate the best fit values for the resistors for dividers. It even lets you specify voltage tolerances over temp. give it a try and let me know what you think?
Resistor divider calculator - [Link]
Want a graph of data you’re collecting, or a cool GUI interface for a project? Micset XEdit wants to do that:
XEdit Project Editor is Integrated development environment to configure, develop and manage [supervisory control and data acquisition] applications. XEdit Project Editor is used to create projects, multiproject, configure devices, tags/points, alarms, users, events, server-side scripts and others
It lets you make cool GUI to control a microcontroller project, or display sensor data. No word on the license though.[via]
Micset XEdit makes point and click controls for electronic stuff - [Link]
KTechlab IDE for microcontrollers and electronics - [Link]
SPICY Schematics is a revolution in electronic circuit schematic capture
Spicy takes full advantage of mobile technologies for circuit design – the first tablet application to offer real Spice simulation and advanced sharing and online backup features.
SPICY is fast, intuitive, and allows you to literally draw circuits with your fingers. Create, save, edit, share, simulate, export and send screen-shots to email, SPICY is a must have for students and working engineers alike.
iSchematics.com – Spice Simulation and Schematics for iPad! - [Link]
Neat small unit converter for electronic engineers. If you found this useful, but lack of features, please be free and report/ask for updates. This tool is completely free.
DBCalc – dB Calculator freeware - [Link]
Using this tool you can find closest simple resistors net of standard resistors values. Select net, select required resistance and you will got pair (or triplet) of resistors with combined value closest to your needs.
EqResistors 2.0 – Resistors Combination Calculator - [Link]
After a long beta testing period Microchip finally released MPLAB X V1.0.
MPLAB X is the new integrated development system for Microchip microcontrollers. It is built on the Java platform so Mac, Linux, and Windows users are supported. Here are some major features of MPLAB X:
- Based on Java / Netbeans.
- Supported under Windows, Linux and Mac OS X 10.5 and Mac OS X 10.6.
- Newer, more functional GUI.
- MPLAB C32 (for PIC32MX), C30 (for PIC24 and dsPIC), C18 compilers are available.
- HI-TECH C Lite Compiler for PIC18s, and HI-TECH C Lite Compiler for PIC10/12/16 are also available.
MPLAB X v1.0 released - [Link]
For valuable work on creation of sites you need a good comfortable editor necessarily. There are many requiring paid products for this purpose, but we would like to select free of charge very functional and at the same time of simple in the use editor – Codelobster PHP Edition
Let us consider some important possibilities and advantages of this program:
- HTML/CSS inspector on the type of Firebug, which allows easily to correlate the selected elements of page with a code and proper style.
- Context help on all supported languages. By pressing F1 key the page with detailed description for current tag, attribute or function will be opened.
- PHP debugger. PHP debugger allows to execute PHP scripts incrementally, watching the values of all variables in every line.
- SQL manager allows to produce all necessary actions with a database – to add, delete, edit a structure and records in tables, to export data, execute SQL queries. Highlighting and autocompletion works for SQL files also.
- Support of FTP allows to work straight with a remote server and to do all necessary changes with files;
- The portable option allows to use editor without the preliminary installation.
- Other useful utilities: pair highlighting, possibility of blocks selection, collapsing, tooltips, navigation on descriptions of functions and included files at withholding of the key of CTRL, viewing of structure of files and project, preview in a browser, book-marks, and all other standard possibilities for work with a code.
Also there are special plugins for work with:
- CMS: Drupal, Joomla
- PHP frameworks: CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Symfony
- WordPress blogging engine
- Smarty template engine