Makerdiary Releases Pitaya Go IoT Development Board Based on Nordic’s nRF52840 SoC
Makerdiary one of the most innovative startups in the IoT devices space which are known for a series of development boards like the nRF53832-MDK V2 IoT module, and the nRF52840 MDK USB dongle, among others, recently launched a new addition to their impressive line of Nordic’s nRF528xx-series of SoCs based IoT devices, called; Pitaya Go IoT Development Board.
The Pitaya Go combines the Nordic’s nRF52840 SoC with an Arm Cortex-M4 (256Kb of RAM/1Mb of Flash) with FPU, and a Microchip’s ATWINC1500B Wi-Fi controller, in a 60.96mm x 25.4mm x 7.6mm package. This combination brings in a wealth of features which drives the array of connectivity options and high performance associated with the Pitaya Go.
Some of the features of the Pitaya Go include;
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- 64 MHz Arm® Cortex-M4 with FPU
- 1 MB Flash + 256 KB RAM
- Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh, Thread, Zigbee, 802.15.4, ANT and 2.4 GHz proprietary
- Arm TrustZone® Cryptocell 310 Security Subsystem
- Integrated USB 2.0 Full-speed Controller
- QSPI/SPI/TWI/I²S/PDM/QDEC/ADC support
- Integrated NFC-A Tag
- Microchip ATWINC1500B Wi-Fi Network Controller
- Shipped with the latest firmware 19.6.1
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 20 MHz (1×1) Solution
- Extreme low power with Shutdown Control
- On-Chip Network Stack to Offload MCU
- Supports Soft-AP
- Security protocols supported: WPA/WPA2 Personal, TLS/SSL
- Enterprise Security with WPA/WPA2 (802.11x)
- Network services: DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP (IPv4), UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, MQTT, etc.
- 64Mbit ultra-low-power QSPI Flash Memory
- Integrated Li-Po Battery Charger with Power Path Management
- Additional NFC-A Tag PCB Antenna
- User-programmable RGB LED and Buttons
- Dual Wi-Fi/Bluetooth 2.4G Chip Antennas
- Reversible USB-C Connector
- Li-Po Battery Connector
- Easily expandable dual 14-Pin Header Sockets
- Measures 2.4″ x 1.0″ x 0.3″ (60.96mm x 25.4mm x 7.6mm)
Rounding out the Pitaya’s features are an integrated Li-Po battery charger (with power path management), additional NFC-A tag PCB antenna, programmable RGB LED and buttons, dual Wi-Fi/Bluetooth 2.4G chip antennas, USB-C port, Li-Po battery connector, and an expandable 14-pin header.
The Pitaya Go is sold for $34.90 on Makerdiary’s product page as a box which includes;
- 1x Pitaya Go Board
- 1x NFC PCB Antenna
- 1x USB-C Cable
The board comes pre-programmed with an Open Bootloader for DFU (Device Firmware Update) and offers an SDW interface (via socket header) to easily program the board with Nordic’s nRF Connect for Desktop and nRF Util tools.