Pi/104 – Pi Compute carrier board
Pi/104 is a Pi Compute carrier board in PC/104 format with industrial durability.
The Pi Compute Module is a powerful tool for custom electronics projects. But if your project requires industrial grade specifications, you’re currently out-of-luck. This is where Pi/104 comes in – with a wide temperature rating and a power supply that encompasses common industrial cabinet voltages. Pi/104 doesn’t try to do too much out of the box. Instead, it relies on an industry standard form factor for accessories, which allows people to build custom stacks to meet their goals in a cost effective way. It also means the base board is cheaper, bringing an industry-ready board to the hobby market.
- Based on the PC/104 format, compact, sturdy, and stackable.
- Uses the “OneBank” connector leaving more PCB area and cheaper than a full PCIe/104 connector.
- “OneBank” has 5/3.3 V and two USB channels allowing you to use USB-powered peripherals in the stack such as cellular modems, Wi-Fi cards, USB to SATA, FPGA, and serial connectors. (Note: PCIe pins in OneBank connector are not used.)
- Flexible power. Board can be powered through the wire terminals (8 to 35 volts), OneBank connector (5 V and 3.3 V), or through the USB OTG connector.
- USB OTG connector supports full range of functionality including OTG and USB boot.
- Display flexibility with either HDMI or DSI support as well as a camera through the CSI port
- IDE-style connectors for GPIO, making I/O ribbon cables easy to find. Connector closest to module is pin compatible with Raspberry Pi and has been successfully tested with several HATs. The other connector carries the rest of the compute module pins and some extra grounds.
- Recessed Ethernet connector allows for a full size, standard ethernet cable to be used even in stack configuration.
- On-board microSD card slot allows for use of Pi Compute 3 Lite modules.
- 2 x USB A
- 1 x microUSB OTG
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x 10/100 Ethernet
- 1 x microSD slot (CM3L only)
- 1 x CSI
- 1 x DSI
- 59 x GPIO in two IDE-style connectors
- OneBank stacakble connector with 2 USB and 5/3.3 V
- Wide power supply, 8-36 V
- Temperature spec with Pi Compute Module, -25° C to 85° C
- Temperature spec without Pi Compute Module, -40° C to 85° C