Step up DC-DC converter is based on LM2577-ADJ IC, this project provides 12V output using 5V input, maximum output load 800mA. The LM2577 are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all of the power and control functions for step-up (boost), fly back, and forward converter switching regulators. The device is available in three different output voltage versions: 12V, 15V, and adjustable.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are cost effective, and simple to use. Listed in this data sheet are a family of standard inductors and fly back transformers designed to work with these switching regulators. Included on the chip is a 3.0A NPN switch and its associated protection circuitry, consisting of current and thermal limiting, and under voltage lockout. Other features include a 52 kHz fixed-frequency oscillator that requires no external components, a soft start mode to reduce in-rush current during start-up, and current mode control for improved rejection of input voltage and output load transients.
- Requires Few External Components
- Input 5V DC
- Output 12V DC
- Output Load 800mA
- Current-mode Operation for Improved Transient Response, Line Regulation, and Current Limit
- 52 kHz Internal Oscillator
- Soft-start Function Reduces In-rush Current During Start-up
- Output Switch Protected by Current Limit, Under-voltage Lockout, and Thermal Shutdown
5V to 12V Step Up DC-DC Converter – [Link]