Another quick & easy option for those getting started with the popular micro – Little-Scale posted a quick rundown on using a solar cell for Arduino sensory applications. [via]
- The solar panel used in this example was rated at 2V and 25mA.
- Do not use a solar panel rated in excess of 5V. Doing so may damage the Arduino
- If data values appear incorrect, try scaling the byte ‘data’ in the Arduino sketch as it is captured.
- The analog inputs read data at 10 bit. However, a single, serially-printed value can only hold 8 bits of information.
- The data range with this particular solar panel is 0 < 6 using power-efficient, indoor lighting at night
Arduino basics – solar panel - [Link]