Adafruit Unveils ESP32-C3 RISC V Developer Board For IoT Projects
Espressif introduced the ESP32-C3-WROOM-02 system-on-chip past year with options between the onboard PCB antenna and the external antenna connector. Adafruit has taken the lead to unveil an ESP32-C3 based developer board supporting Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low-Energy wireless communication. As an entry-level RISC-V development board, hardware is an ideal choice for a wide range of applications, from IoT, embedded systems, smart homes to even wearable electronics.
Let’s take a peek inside the ESP32-C3-WROOM-02 module featuring a 32-bit RISC-V-based single-core processor clocked up to a frequency of 160MHz. The highly integrated ESP32 module comes with embedded 4MB SPI flash storage, 384kB ROM, 400kB SRAM, and 8kB SRAM for RTC. A rich set of peripherals and high performance make the module a good choice for industrial automation with decent support for wireless connectivity.
Specifications of ESP32-C3 RISC V Developer Board
- SoC: ESP32-C3-WROOM-02 with 32-bit RISC-V single-core processor @160MHz
- Memory: 400kB SRAM (16kB for cache and 8kB in RTC)
- Storage: 4 MB SPI flash storage
- Wireless Connectivity: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n-compliant, and Bluetooth LE: Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh
- GPIOs: 15 GPIOs
- USB ports: Micro-USB
- Peripherals: • GPIO, SPI, UART, I2C, I2S, remote control peripheral, LED PWM controller, general DMA controller, TWAI controller,
- USB Serial/JTAG controller, temperature sensor, SAR ADC
- Interfaces: SPI, Dual SPI, and Quad SPI interfaces
- Buttons: Boot Button, Reset Button
- LEDs: RGB LED
- Power: Micro-USB Port, default power supply, 5V and GND pin headers, 3V3 and GND pin headers
The peripherals for the ESP32-C3 RISC V developer board include GPIOs, UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, and several controllers. Most GPIOs are broken out into pin headers other than the SPI bus for flash memory. With these pin headers, you can interface devices and also program the hardware. The operating voltage power supply for the hardware ranges from 3.0 to 3.6V with operating ambient temperature.
If you are interested in purchasing the $9.95 ESP32-C3 RISC V developer board, head to the official product page.
Join 97,426 other subscribers