Banana Pi Unveils New SBC with RK3588 and Dual 2.5GbE Ethernet
Banana Pi a well-known manufacturer of SBCs recently announced their new embedded product the Banana Pi BPI-M7. This compact device is powered by the Rockchip RK3588 CPU, which features an Arm Mali-G610 GPU and a 6TOPS Neural Processor Unit.
The Rockchip RK3588 is a High-performance CPU with a total of eight cores: four Cortex-A76 cores (up to 2.4 GHz) for demanding tasks and four Cortex-A55 cores (up to 1.8 GHz) for energy efficiency. It also features an Arm Mali-G610 MP4 GPU and a 6TOPS NPU.
This chip excels in multimedia processing, handling various video formats like H.265, H.264, VP9, AV1, and AVS2. It can decode videos up to 8K@60 FPS and encode 8K@ 30 FPS in H.264 and H.265 formats. This board also features various display options, including HDMI 2.1 for 8K output at 60FPS, a USB-C DP port supporting 8K at 30FPS, and MIPI DSI for 4K at 60fps, offering users a range of high-quality video output choices.
The Banana Pi board comes in three RAM options: 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB, and offers up to 128GB of eMMC storage for data. According to the RK3588 datasheet, its Neural Processing Unit (NPU) supports deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow and PyTorch, further enhancing its capabilities in advanced AI tasks.
The development board also features an AP6275S module, providing Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 for wireless connections. Additionally, it includes a PCIe slot on its underside, supporting NVMe SSD storage options.
The product announcement indicates that the Banana Pi BPI-M7 board will support Debian Buster, Android 12, and Linux Kernel 5.10.
Specifications listed for Banana Pi BPI-M7 include:
- Memory & Storage: Includes up to 32GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB eMMC, and a microSD card slot.
- Network: Features two 2.5GbE ports and a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module (AP6275S).
- Display Outputs: Comes with HDMI 2.1, USB-C with DisplayPort, and MIPI DSI.
- Expansion Options: Provides an M.2 KEY M interface.
- Camera Support: Equipped with two MIPI CSI interfaces.
- General I/O: Offers a 40-pin GPIO header.
- Additional Elements: Contains RTC battery, power/reset/MaskROM buttons, and a fan connector.
- USB Ports: Includes two USB 3.0 and two USB Type-C ports.
- Dimensions: Measures 92 x 62mm, adhering to the Pico ITX form factor.
The pricing and availability of the Banana Pi BPI-M7 board have not been announced yet by Banana Pi. You can visit the official Banana Pi website for further details.
Join 97,426 other subscribers