Qualcomm SDA845 SoC-Based Module Targets Drone Designs
Intrinsyc Technologies announced the Open-Q 845 µSOM (micro System on Module) and Development Kit, to be available in the fourth quarter of 2019. The Open-Q 845 µSOM is the latest product in the evolution of Intrinsyc’s µSOM computing module series. It is an ultra-compact (50 mm x 25 mm), production-ready embedded module, well suited for powering the most advanced robotics, drones, cameras and embedded IoT devices requiring the latest on-device AI powers. Featuring the Qualcomm SDA845 system on chip (SoC) from Qualcomm Technologies, the 845 µSOM integrates many new features and capabilities in the same small form-factor:
- Higher performing Octa-core CPU – up to 2.6 GHz on Gold cores
- New hardware-based security layers for vault-like defense
- Third generation Qualcomm AI platform for immersive, on-device intelligence
- Four camera ports with flexible configurations supports up to 7 cameras
- New camera architecture for cinema grade video capture
- DisplayPort 4K60 via USB Type-C with USB super-speed data concurrency
- Additional USB3.1 port for device connectivity while using DisplayPort
- Gen3 PCIe interface.
This new hardware platform will be supported by your choice of full-featured Android 9 or Yocto Linux operating systems, with plans for offering Android 10 by Q2 next year. The Android 9 operating system will be shipped on the development kit and is a starting point for evaluation of the SOM and to kick-start your product development. If you prefer a Linux OS, that will be available to download from Intrinsyc and program onto your development kit. Full software documentation will also be included with purchase of the development kit.
Join 97,426 other subscribers