Wi-Fi Stepper is a feature-packed, easy-to-use, stepper motor controller accessible over Wi-Fi. It can handle small to big stepper motors under high current. You can send crypto-secured commands over Wi-Fi from a computer, phone, or any other platform. Integration with other controllers is possible using the step clock and direction input pins. Wi-Fi Stepper makes controlling a stepper motor easy and productive.
- Home automation
- CNC routers
- Security access devices
- Pumps and dispensers
Big or small, bring your motor into the IoT world.
Many projects need a way to interact with the real world. For a lot of applications, stepper motors are the preferred way. They work well at slow to medium speeds and without gearbox reductions. There are plenty of inexpensive NEMA mounts to choose from. They have excellent torque ratings and can even provide high torque at extremely low speed. Stepper motors can run at speed, or as a servo that holds position at any angle. Stepper motors are commonly used in CNC applications and are a great entry-level motor to learn the basics.
With a proper power supply, this project supports most motors on the market. With its voltage and current ratings, even the mammoth NEMA 42 is within its comfort zone for the most demanding applications.
Servo Control Software
Drag and edit servo position quickly and intuitively or enter in precise angles. View openloop position feedback and manage step sizes.
Features & Specifications
- Motor Compatibility
- Configuration Options
- Current control down to 1/16 microstepping with high hold torque
- Voltage control down to 1/128 microstepping and smooth motion with low noise
- Safety features (current/voltage/thermal shutdowns)
- Advanced speed profiles (acceleration and deceleration slopes)
- Waveform generation and timing settings
- Power supply sag/swell compensation
- Predictive current compensation
- Back EMF adjustment
- Stall detection
- Voltage regulation: MAX15062 high-efficiency voltage regulator
- Input voltage: 9-85 V
- Maximum output current: 10 A
- Hardware Interfaces
- External step-clock
- Completely open source
- Browser-based configuration tool
- HTTP(S) JSON RESTful interface
- Low-latency TCP & UDP API
- Python library
- Physical Dimensions
- Weight: 1.25 oz (35 g)
- Board size: 3” x 2.25” (76 mm x 63.5 mm)
The project is live on www.crowdsupply.com and has 25 days left.
Join 97,426 other subscribers