After a long beta testing period Microchip finally released MPLAB X V1.0.
MPLAB X is the new integrated development system for Microchip microcontrollers. It is built on the Java platform so Mac, Linux, and Windows users are supported. Here are some major features of MPLAB X:
- Based on Java / Netbeans.
- Supported under Windows, Linux and Mac OS X 10.5 and Mac OS X 10.6.
- Newer, more functional GUI.
- MPLAB C32 (for PIC32MX), C30 (for PIC24 and dsPIC), C18 compilers are available.
- HI-TECH C Lite Compiler for PIC18s, and HI-TECH C Lite Compiler for PIC10/12/16 are also available.
MPLAB X v1.0 released - [Link]