To drive a 3×3 mm sized LED with a current of 1.5A was unthinkable till lately. OSLON Square enables it, thus providing a free hand in designing powerful and compact LED applications.
New OSLON Square series is suitable for outdoor and indoor LED applications, as well as for exceptionally compact designs. At the first look, OSLON Square is similar to the OSLON SSL series. The difference is in the substantially larger chip, what enabled to double a maximum driving current.
Advantages / Features:
- driving current up to 1.5A
- 3×3 mm ultra compact dimensions
- lifetime of more than 50000 hours
- excellent corrosion resistance
- suitable even to humid environment
- excellent color consistency thanks to a fine binning
- thermal resistance RTHJS only 3,8K/W
But the power and ultra compact dimensions are not the only advantages of OSLON Square. Among another features also belongs robustness – the SMT package doesn´t contain silver, that´s why it´s highly resistant even to the most humid environment. White reflective layer contributes to better usage of the reflected light and helps to efficient usage of every lumen during the whole lifetime. Thanks to a very low thermal resistance of the package, lifetime of over 50 000 hours can be easily obtained, even at high driving currents. Resulting low operational temperature helps to reach high light output and a long lifetime. Fine binning system and usage of the latest phosphor conversion technology ensure perfect color consistency and stability.
Four basic groups are available:
- EC, white with a balance of luminous flux and CRI min. 80.
- PC, neutral white with a maximized luminous flux, while keeping a very good CRI min. 70. Typical brightness is 245 lm/ 5000K/ 700mA.
- Streetwhite, cold white with a maximized luminous flux with CRI min. 65.
- EQW, intended for technical and industrial lighting with a maximum energy saving (color coordinates Cx=0.37, Cy=0.44).
Further information will provide you the OSLON Square flyer and application details. It is worth to mention, that OSLON Square neither other power LEDS without a heatsink should never be tested without a proper soldering to a cooling baseplate/PCB – because of a very small thermal capacity a tested LED would be destroyed within few seconds.
New LED OSRAM OSLON Square withstands up to 1.5A - [Link]