AK09940 High Precision Tri-Axis Magnetic Sensor
AKM’s AK09940 is a general-purpose, digital output, tri-axis magnetic sensor IC with ultra-low noise and ultra-low power consumption using TMR technology. The sensor that is based on previous tri-axis electronic compass sensing solutions can increase the magnetic 6-DOF position-tracking accuracy for AR, VR, MR, and wearable devices.
The AK09940 is ideal for magnetic particle testing and metal contamination detection with triaxial magnetic measuring, which measures wet field, small changes, and distortion in magnetic fields with high precision. Magnetic position tracking used in controllers such as AR and VR devices has the advantage that it can be detected even if the sensor is hidden behind objects. However, due to signal noise on the receiving side, sufficient performance ordinarily may not be obtained in terms of detection range, position accuracy, and response speed. This problem is solved with the ultra-low noise tri-axis magnetic sensor on the receiving side.
- Ultra-low noise allows for measurement of minute magnetic signals with 40 nT RMS in the X, Y, and Z axes
- Ultra-low current consumption of 40 nA @ 100 Hz makes it ideal for devices with small-capacity batteries
- Small LGA 1.6 mm x 1.6 mm package
- Augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) devices
- Wearable devices
- Magnetic metal particle testers
- Magnetic mapping
more information on: www.akm.com