Neousys Technology Launches POC-40 Series, A New-generation of Extreme Ultra-compact Fanless Computers with Intel® Elkhart Lake Atom® x6211E Processor
Neousys Technology, an industry-leading provider of rugged embedded systems, today announced its new extreme ultra-compact fanless embedded computer, the POC-40. Featuring Intel’s latest Atom processor and a 2.5-inch SSD-like dimension measuring just 50 mm (W) x 87 mm (D) x 112 mm (H), it is ideal for installation into limited spaces and is designed for applications such as factory data collection, rugged edge computing and mobile gateway.
POC-40 features Intel’s 10nm process technology, the new-generation Elkhart Lake Atom® x6211E dual-core processor offers 1.7x the single thread and 1.5x multi-thread performance over the previous Gemini Lake Atom CPUs. In addition to the performance boost, the system is also smaller than the previous generation. To put things in perspective, when compared to the Neousys POC-200 series, POC-40 has the 2x processing power at almost only half the size.
With its DIN-rail mountable design, all of POC-40’s rich high-speed I/Os can be easily accessed. They include two Gigabit Ethernet, four USB (2.0/ 3.1 Gen1), four COM and optional isolated digital I/Os for industrial communication and control. As for internal expansion, it has an M.2 B key socket and an M.2 E key socket for 5G/ 4G/ WiFi 6/ WiFi 5 modules to provide wide-area coverage and real-time data transmission for industrial and mobile gateway applications.
- Intel® Elkhart Lake Atom® x6211E dual-core processor
- 49 x 89 x 112 mm extremely compact form factor
- Rugged -25°C to 70°C fanless wide-temperature operation
- Two GigE ports, two USB 3.1 Gen1 ports and two USB2.0 ports
- M.2 2280 M key SATA storage interface
- One M.2 B key socket supporting 5G/ 4G 3042/ 3052 modules
- One M.2 E key socket for WiFi 5/ WiFi 6 modules
- One COM port with RS-232/ 422/ 485 modes and three RS-232 COM ports
As a fanless industrial-grade computer, POC-40 supports 8V DC to 35V DC wide-voltage operation, -25°C to 70°C wide-temperature operations, and two installation methods, it can be DIN-rail or wall-mounted. On top of all the jammed-packed features in such a small enclosure, the POC-40 is United States Military Standard (MIL-STD-810G, Method 514.6) certified to withstand vibration.
“POC-40 is an x86-based computer platform enclosed within an extremely compact fanless design. Comparing to a ARM-based gateway, it provides significantly more computing power in similar dimensions. With rich I/Os and the ability to support the latest wireless communication modules, POC-40 is fundamentally sound, easy to implement and can be deployed into industrial environments for edge/ fog computing or decentralized data collection and processing”
said Ariel Chen, product manager of Neousys Technology.
- Learn more about POC-40 extreme ultra-compact fanless computer: https://www.neousys-tech.com/product/feature/ultra-compact/poc-40-intel-atom-ultra-compact-fanless-computer