The Dusun Pi4 is Another Raspberry Pi Alternative Designed for Smart Home Applications
The Dusun Pi4, powered by the Rockchip RK3568, is a high-performance Smart Hub Controller with a Quad-core CPU, Mali-G52 GPU, and a 1TOPs NPU. With its robust features and specifications, it can be considered an alternative to the Raspberry Pi.
Previously we have covered many Rockchip RK3568-powered SBCs like the YOUYEETOO YY3568, the MIXTILE EDGE 2, RADXA ROCK 3A, and many other SBCs. However, what sets this device apart is its enhanced support for IoT integrations, a wide range of connectivity options, and its powerful yet energy-efficient performance.
Take a look at the RK3568 CPU – it features a 64-bit quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 with a max clock speed of 1.8GHz. For GPU it uses Arm Mali-G52 GPU and a 1TOPs NPU. The product page of the device tells us that the device can be configured with 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, and optionally 8GB DDR4 memory. Alongside that, it also features multiple storage options including 64GB eMMC, 1x microSD card slot, and an M.2 SSD slot that supports up to a 512GB SSD.
The product page clearly compares the Raspberry Pi4 and the Dusun Pi4, with key features highlighted in orange for quick reference.
Looking at the features list it supports dual-band Wi-Fi, dual GbE ports, Bluetooth 5.2, and to enhance IoT capabilities it includes onboard Zigbee, Z-Wave, and Sub-GHz modules. Other than that the board features USB-C for power and a restart switch.
With a robust hardware design, it supports dual 4K video output at 60FPS. Other video features include decoding 4K VP9 and 10-bit H.265/H.264 video at up to 60fps. For 1080P video, it supports video encoding and video post-processing for improved video quality.
The device uses the 4.19.232 Linux Kernel and has built-in drivers with SDK support. The product page also gives us additional development tools, device Drivers, predefined configuration profiles, and sample applications.
Specifications for the DSGW-290 Smart Home Controller:
- RK3568 ARM® Quad-core 64-bit processor
- Speeds up to 2.0 GHz
- Graphics and Media:
- ARM G52 GPU
- 1TOPs NPU
- Supports up to 800M pixel cameras with MIPI CSI interface
- Gigabit Ethernet port * 2
- Bluetooth 5.2
- Onboard Zigbee, Z-Wave, and Sub-GHz modules
- 4G LTE SIM card slot
- Up to 128GB eMMC
- Expansion options: TF card slot and M.2 SSD via PCIe interface
- Wireless Features:
- Zigbee, OpenThread, Matter, Z-WAVE: All Supported
- LTE CatM1 and Wi-Fi 2.4/5G
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 1xUSB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB Type-C Ports
- 1x HDMI, 1x 3.5mm Audio, 1x MIPI-CSI camera,
- 1x PCIe 2.1, 1x M.2 SSD (up to 512GB)
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 (supports 4K@60HZ output)
- 1 x MIPI-DSI (dual channel 2560×1600@60fps output)
- Power Supply:
- Power over Ethernet (PoE-enabled)
At the time of writing the article, Dusun has not disclosed any pricing details for the product. For more information, you can visit the DSGW-290 Product Page.
Join 97,426 other subscribers